Recent content by PrimeDogs

  1. P

    Schools days for Laddie soon

    Sorry to hear of all the bad luck with the injuries. I can understand the frustration, when my lab was young he spent most of his beginner course in the air and if I managed to stop him jumping, he was barking. He wasn't anxious, just got so over excited with all to see and smell. I ended up...
  2. P

    Commenting on chubby shelties

    I would be a bit annoyed if someone told me my dogs were fat without having seen and put their hands on them. My sheltie is about 9.5kgs and is nice and trim though its all about size and build. Though if they had actually seen and checked them and told me they were fat I wouldn't be...
  3. P

    Most memorable and most embarrassing moment

    I have only just started agility but in three trials have so far managed to step on Watson, forget the last obstacle in the course where I then had to stand there until I got yelled at where to go, and have slipped and fallen. What was worse was when I thought that he had managed to get out...
  4. P

    Wild dog on the premises

    I have heard good things about rescue remedy to help with stressful/anxious dogs, for some it doesn't work but it might be worth a try. I have also had a positive experience with a thunder-shirt in the instance of a dog terrified of thunder it helped settle her until the storm passed. It...
  5. P

    Laddie is an excavation engineer.

    What worked with my lab, as he is a huge digger in summer and when looking for crickets is to have an area he is allowed to dig in. when he digs outside that area I fill the hole with his poop and it works with him. It might not work with Laddie as a friend did this with her dog and she was...
  6. P

    Out of control Sheltie, especially when around husband

    This sounds like my sheltie when he is playing. I probably shouldn't have encouraged it but it works for us as he is so cute when he does it and does no harm. When he is excited he tends to race to a bed digging and biting at it growling and talking the whole time. So this could be just excess...
  7. P

    Impatient whiner

    another impatient pup here, though it's less whine more grumble and if I refuse yo give into his demands its grumbling with him attached to my knee :rolleyes2:
Back
Top