Hi everyone, Shelby has been on lean ground turkey (93% lean) and I have been swapping out her kibble. I just started adding in some white rice and she will probably be totally off kibble and on just turkey and white rice by tomorrow. She had one bad diarrhea 2 days after starting the turkey...
Hi, last night I bought some store fresh cod and cooked it and gave her a little piece about an hour after her usual dinner just to taste it before we introduce it more. She ate it really happily but then she threw it up less than 5 minutes later. Then she was scratching at her nose and about...
Thanks everyone for the helpful info. Do you think the cod & potato recipe on Just Food For Dogs is a reasonable place to start? They have a regular Cod & Potato and then a lower fat one https://www.justfoodfordogs.com/hepatic-support They also can send you the recipe and supplements and you...
Hi, my baby Shelby has had some weight loss (usually 22-23 lbs, now 19) and her fur continues to thin and be brittle around her rump, and her skin is very dry. She has also been VERY hungry and eating her poops so the vet suspects intestinal inflammation and malabsorption of her nutrition. We...
Hi everyone, Shelby is turning 10 soon and her fur is starting to thin. She was spayed at 6 and is on thyroid replacement. Should I start her on a multivitamin? If so, any recommendations?
Okay thought I would give everyone an update. Shelby's total T3 came back low (<40 and reference range is 45-150), free T3 came back borderline (1.8 and reference range is 1.7-5.3), and total T4 came back borderline (1.3, reference 0.8-5.3). The lab messed up the free T4 so we don't have a...
Wow thanks -- Stud Tail looks like it must be exactly right! Do you have any experience treating it? She's had it for a while so I'm tempted to go straight to dog dermatologist rather than starting with anything on my own.
Also -- I found out that her thyroid T4 is 1.3 with a normal scale...
Hi, yes thank you, I just upgrade to premium so I could show you (plus a picture of her face so you can meet her):
DSC_5896 by shelbysdaddy posted Jul 24, 2019 at 8:02 PM
IMG_20190719_162108 by shelbysdaddy posted Jul 24, 2019 at 8:02 PM
IMG_20190719_162102 by shelbysdaddy posted Jul 24, 2019...
We got the full thyroid panel plus electrolytes. I can get the actual results and ask Dr. Dodds - worth a shot I guess?
Any thoughts about non-thyroid causes of Shelby's issues?
I'm pretty sure the vet did not send the blood there. If I get the actual numerical result, could hemopet (or you all) help interpret it for a Sheltie? Or does hemopet need to run the blood in their own lab? If so, we will have to do another blood draw.
Oops yes I forgot to mention, I also was worried about hypothyroidism but we did thyroid and chemistry blood tests and the vet said they were normal (although I don't have the numerical values).
Hi everyone, Shelby is 9 years old, has had 2 litters, we got her when she was 6 from a breeder, and she was spayed when she was about 6.5. She has been eating Blue hydrolyzed salmon and pea protein veterinary diet for the past 2-3 years and I have been giving her Omega Oil...
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.