Recent content by xRosary

  1. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Just a general post, a little vent, but nothing too bad. Naga had her blood taken on Saturday for a full health screening. I can NOT relax until we have answers; I’m so anxious. If I don’t get a call tomorrow I’ll call them and ask when I can expect to hear back, because I’m all but waiting...
  2. X

    My Guy Tested Positive for Lymes

    I had no idea! That’s so scary; my vet never said anything. One even suggested the Seresto collar. What do you use?
  3. X

    My Guy Tested Positive for Lymes

    Oh, I’m so sorry to hear! I know exactly how you feel. I give my girl her Advantix roughly every month. A little too rough apparently because she also contracted Lyme. It truly feels awful. Unfortunately it did affect her kidneys but they Lyme itself seems to have been banished pretty easily...
  4. X

    Willow hates the time change...

    Soooo cute!! I love her little barks. I feel bad that we can’t explain it to them. My girl wants dinner at four now, haha!
  5. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Afternoon, everyone! Over the weekend we were told to bring Naga in on Monday and Tuesday for more fluids - but the vet was happy with her numbers on Monday. She’s going back for another check up on the 12th but until then, she just needs to eat her prescription diet and keep taking her Doxy...
  6. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Hello, everyone! We’re not out of the woods yet but my little Naga had her third day of fluids and her levels are ‘headed in the right direction’ according to the vet. Her creatine went down a whole level (still fairly high but a marked improvement). She’s going back on Monday but she’ll spend...
  7. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    This was reassuring to read, thank you. This morning she wouldn’t take her cheese medicine which scared me but I think you’re right, she’s just caught on. Wasn’t too interested in her food this morning either but she did have some treats. Thank you for the well wishes. She’s back at the vet’s...
  8. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Thank you all, friends. Today was nerve wracking; last night was worse. Basically stayed up all night scaring myself. My husband drove Naga and I to the vet, then me to work, where she got IVs all day then was able to come home with us. Back again tomorrow and Saturday. Her spirits are still...
  9. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Thanks all. I had a long talk with the vet tech. She says there’s a lot of hope. Over the course of the afternoon and night I got her to drink about three cups worth of water and she ate about half the can of special food. That’s what they said she should have. I got her to drink by giving her...
  10. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Hey everyone! Not much good news today sadly. Tomorrow I need to bring her in and they have to flush her kidneys. Tonight, they gave me some special food which she’s thankfully really interested in. With the vet’s permission I’m using that interest to trick her into drinking lots of waters...
  11. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Day 6: Took the cheese medicine without issue, but not interested in her ‘soup’ anymore. I was a fool! Still managed to get her to drink a few laps. Left a cup and a half of it on offer when I went to work for a few hours but would try again later, her appetite tends to get better through the...
  12. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    These are such smart ideas!! I’ll see about getting her to eat kibble again with these tricks! Thank you! Gavin is a lucky boy.
  13. X

    My girl has Lyme! Needing advice, and offering some of my own.

    Naga is 5 years and 8 months old. It’s so scary, because she is on an anti-flea and tick but still got it (I am admittedly a little lax with it though since she only goes in our yard/on neighborhood sidewalks and gets frequent brushes - but never again will I be lax!). As one would expect...
Back
Top