Recent content by KaiLReddtai

  1. K

    Fur Trimming? pants pants pants!!!

    For Zoe I used to trim the pants relatively short, and around the butt. Some may say it doesn't look the prettiest, but it was easier to manage and I thought it looked fine. Besides, she wasn't a show dog anyway. lol. Function over form.
  2. K

    Goodbye Zoe

    Thank you everyone, it does make me feel slightly better to see all your replies. They just don't live as long as we'd like, sadly. I miss her so much, but she's in a better place.
  3. K

    Goodbye Zoe

    My little girl. Fluffybutt, Lil' Wolf, Squeaky Toy, We love you. August 15th, 2000 - September 26th, 2009
  4. K

    whisker whacker

    They're not necessary in the way that sight or hearing is, but you're still taking away an important form of sensing from a dog for no real reason. They do still use their whiskers, It helps them percieve nearby obstacles (even without touching said obstacles, since air bouncing off objects can...
  5. K

    whisker whacker

    I never claimed they were essential, only that they actually have a very important use. All I'm saying is I think if it causes the dogs stress to have them clipped (and perhaps for your dogs it doesn't), then they shouldn't since it's purely for looks.
  6. K

    whisker whacker

    You're welcome. I'm glad you found it interesting. :smile2:
  7. K

    whisker whacker

    Yes, unfortunately my opinion will probably never change show rules. I realize that my opinion here will likely be very unpopular, but at least if your sheltie is only a pet I think that you shouldn't clip the whiskers. They are important sensors for the dog. They're not just hair. There is...
  8. K

    whisker whacker

    I'll give that a cat needs them more, but they're still sensitive and the dog does still use them. I wouldn't cut off Zoe's whiskers. But, to each their own.
  9. K

    Hello From Canada!

    Hey folks! My name is Kai Reddtail. (I didn't notice that the whole name didn't fit until it was too late. Oh well.) Just call me Kai. I live in Ontario, Canada with my sable sheltie Zoe. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Tail_/ZoeIcon.jpg Forgive me, it's an old out-of-date...
Back
Top