Recent content by Katrina

  1. K

    Pet Insurance

    I had been on the fence about which company. My previous dog I barely missed being able to qualify (waited until too old) due to a small benign tumor found. I didn't want to make that mistake this time around. I've never had insurance before but I put so much care, training and health into my...
  2. K

    Pet Insurance

    I have never purchased this before but I am highly considering doing so with my new pup before she turns 1 (in 4 days). I've wanted to have it later in life when my dogs were 10+ but was unable due to a pre-exist condition. I'm wondering if it isn't a good idea to buy it now so I have it for...
  3. K

    New puppy ear question

    This link above doesn't work. I'd love to see what it is if you know what the correct link is or another one similar. Thanks! I also was thinking about hair extension glue and I will post photos but I don't know how yet .... Katrina
  4. K

    New puppy ear question

    I am so glad I asked for some advice. I have the book on Sheltie grooming that I used for my other ones but Mindy has just been problematic and I just couldn't figure it out. She is in her crate calming down while the glue sets because she keeps now rubbing her face on the ground. I seem to...
  5. K

    New puppy ear question

    Thanks!! I used speed sew and I did put tape in for the brace but if that doesn't end up holding, I'll switch to just glue. How long (weeks/days?) do you expect at this age for them to set? She was born January 8, 2023 and today is May 28. I totally forget how long it took my previous puppies...
  6. K

    New puppy ear question

    Hi! I've done ears before but it's been now over 12 years .... and my book recommendations that I followed before are suddenly confusing to me. Plus, Mindy (who is now 4 months old) had a reaction to the method I recently used. What products do you all recommend I use to glue her ears? I am...
  7. K

    Best Puppy food?

    I am going to be adopting my new puppy sometime this year once we find her (currently looking)! I've only ever had two Shelties in my life and so only two puppy experiences. With each, I do better! I'd like this new puppy to get the best start in life and I know that an ounce of prevention is...
  8. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    The last photos of her was me combing her and the very last photo is the one of my two daughters holding her which was just about a week before she died. She looks absolutely content! And she was. She was very very loved.
  9. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0850o-D1pnmNVyv4D1OmzO7tA Testing to see if I can share some precious last days of Trixie with you all .... She was the best dog! We are doing much better as a family and still miss her very much. I'd love to be able to show you my precious darling. Let me know...
  10. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    Thank you for posting this. ;) I came back to my thread because I am feeling much better. If I didn't have this place to talk through my grief initially, getting through this would have been so much more difficult. The people here helped me through what was the hardest few weeks of my life. I'd...
  11. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    I am so sorry you as well has this happen to your little friend. How are you doing now that time has passed? We are finally feeling better and ready looking for a puppy. It's been a difficult fall and Christmas without our Trixie. The thought she is still here arises from time to time still...
  12. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    I wanted to thank everyone who has been such a huge support system for me to process losing my dog in such an unexpected way. I'm gradually getting better. I will start a new thread about my search and questions. In that vein, I am still struggling here and there with the reality of her death...
  13. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    Thanks for your advice! I have learned that what I had first was more of a tricolor so I am just leaving that black marking part out as when I say sable white I am saying it fine. Plus, seeing the parents and what dogs a breeder has rules out things anyway because I can tell from genetics what...
  14. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    Yes! My Trixie was my right hand man. She was my depression therapy dog as for the last 10 years of my life with the last 5 being the worst trauma I have had emotionally as our lives went through one trauma after another. That was how Trixie became even more important in my life and in the lives...
  15. K

    Trixie unexpectedly said goodbye

    Yes, both of my dogs had sweet gentle temperaments laid back but would be fun and playful too but yes, I guess then I could say laid back as I do not want a border collie type - a friend has one of those and nope. And yes, I do have my heart set on a female. I had a male and I don't want that...
Back
Top