Pet Insurance

Katrina

Forums Regular
I have never purchased this before but I am highly considering doing so with my new pup before she turns 1 (in 4 days).

I've wanted to have it later in life when my dogs were 10+ but was unable due to a pre-exist condition. I'm wondering if it isn't a good idea to buy it now so I have it for later ...

Do any of you all have a company you love?
 
Trupanion, although they do raise rates every year as the dog gets older especially if it has a recurring condition like the allergy medicine mine requires. Still, it's peace of mind if there's a big surgery like gallbladder removal, which cost me $12K for one last year. Get a higher deductible for lower payments...mine is $1,000. They pay promptly and claims are easy to file. Do get it while they're young before there are pre-exisiting conditions though.
 
I had been on the fence about which company. My previous dog I barely missed being able to qualify (waited until too old) due to a small benign tumor found. I didn't want to make that mistake this time around. I've never had insurance before but I put so much care, training and health into my dog that I would do whatever she needs on the other side. Wouldn't want to not be able to. So, I decided to use Trupanion as you're responses validated other research I had already done. I was between three companies. I signed up today! Probably should have done it a few months ago when I brought her home but hey, she's not yet one and check, done!
 
It is a tangled mess out there for insurance- I still can't make up my mind-- each seems to offer some things but not others or has horrendous premiums. I think vets count on insurance in some cases and that is why rates are so high now...Wish a wise person would let me know which is the best all around plan.... Now that I have visited the web sites of a number of them I get email bombed on a daily basis... pretty aggressive marketing.
 
Back
Top