Recent content by Kobe

  1. K

    Kobe will always be aggressive

    Our sheltie Kobe is almost 5 years old now. We got him since he was 8 months old from a breeder. We walk our dogs on regular basis and Kobe has always been aggressive toward other dogs. I think we've accepted that Kobe will always be aggressive. Kobe however is always very good to our...
  2. K

    Doesn't Like Strange Dogs

    That is what I've been doing.:no: I also don't have a gentle leader. I thought I did. What I have is Sporn Pack Leader Halter Headcollar. I'll give it a try hopefully I can apply the BAT as shown on youtube.
  3. K

    Shelties in AP Picture Rescued by Japan Sheltie Rescue

    I did post one this morning and I don't know why is not showing. Another one with pictures. http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/04/14/6469692-japanese-volunteers-risk-radiation-to-rescue-stranded-dogs
  4. K

    Shelties in AP Picture Rescued by Japan Sheltie Rescue

    I've just read this article. http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5j6vduzC2zK2L6u8MWkqtjKdMW2tA?docId=6561660
  5. K

    Doesn't Like Strange Dogs

    I have a gentle lead. The one that goes around his jaw. I don't notice a lot of difference when goes nut. My daugther sometime uses it when she walks him. The aim is to get him a bit more relax. I can't see him as a calm dog around other dogs. Even at home sometime if I walk toward him...
  6. K

    Doesn't Like Strange Dogs

    I have the book. Maybe I haven't been following the instructions very well. We have one bahaviorist that is quite well known where I live. She charges around $500 for first consulation. It's around 1 1/2 hours. I thought that was a bit much so I didn't do it.
  7. K

    Doesn't Like Strange Dogs

    He will pick fight regardless of the size of the other dogs.:mad:
  8. K

    Doesn't Like Strange Dogs

    I think he has a fear aggreassion issue. He can aggressive both on or off leash but probably more on leash. Once he knows a dog and he is alright with it then it would be fine when he meets the dog again next time. So he has a group of dogs that he knows and comfortable with. Some dogs he...
  9. K

    Doesn't Like Strange Dogs

    Kobe doesn't like to walk at night, actually me neither. :smile2: Less interesting since I like to watch birds and see other dogs too. Also Kobe is afraid of the dark when he is outside the house. After sunset he will walk right behind me. During daytime he will chase birds if I allow him...
  10. K

    Doesn't Like Strange Dogs

    Our 3 years old Sheltie doesn't like dogs except the one that he knows. He barks and always want to pick up fight. My wife finds it difficult walking with him. It's a bit annoying and not very relaxing. I have to stay alert just in case they are other dogs too close to us. At home however he...
  11. K

    How to teach my sheltie to fetch ball

    Kobe knows how to fetch ball now. He is a quick learner especially when our Norwich terrier is not distracting him. He gets very excited playing fetch. When we walk him this helps him to concentrate on the ball rather than feeling anxious when he sees dogs that he doesn't know.
  12. K

    How to teach my sheltie to fetch ball

    Thank you for the advise. I will follow what Strider said. Hopefully Kobe learns quickly. Kobe holds balls/toys in his mouth when he plays with our Norwich terrier Bailey. He likes playing chase around the living room with her. Just that he doesn't bring it to me often. Perhaps Bailey...
  13. K

    How to teach my sheltie to fetch ball

    My 2 years old sheltie Kobe likes to chase balls, stick etc but he doesn't know how to fetch. Each time I walk him he gets very excited when I show him a stick. He will beg me to throw it so he can chase. However he doesn't know how to fetch. He will simply stay next to the stick waiting for...
  14. K

    Behavior Books

    Thank you very much for the advise. I will try a more gradual change and keeping more distance from other dogs. Also try to associate the situation with a nice treat.
  15. K

    Behavior Books

    I am also looking for a book to teach myself. Which one of the books would be best for fear aggressive Sheltie? My Sheltie is aggressive toward other dogs. I'd like to train him so he is comfortable around dogs.
Back
Top