Shelties in AP Picture Rescued by Japan Sheltie Rescue

Thanks for the pics! I've seen 2 pieces on CNN the last 2 days about the brave animal rescue people who are going into the zone against the law to get these animals out, amazing work they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks for the pics! I've seen 2 pieces on CNN the last 2 days about the brave animal rescue people who are going into the zone against the law to get these animals out, amazing work they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They Are doing an Amazing Job, I have been following the JEARS group on Face Book from the day they first post there.

When we woke up that Friday Morning and found out we had a Tsunami Warning on our Oregon Pacific Coast. Then watched the News Coverage of what happened in Japan. It's been Heartbreaking to watch from here, but there are Groups within the Country that are doing such a Wonderful Job.

The "Sheltie Rescue Japan" group knew just what to do in the case of those dogs. And like many of us when the photo was first posted on CNN their hearts broke too.

I believe the Government is allowing Recognized Rescue Groups to enter the Zone briefly when they have received proper permission from an owner to Rescue pets. In this Case they were able to locate the owner in an Evacuation Shelter and will keep her animals safe until she is able to settle her life.

Even though not all the dogs have been taken out yet, most are safe. From the appearance of one of the pictures from the actual rescue it looks like a building with a grooming table next to it. And the owner had left the dogs food so hopefully the ones that were not captured yet will remain on their home turf:smile2: and Sheltie Rescue Japan will be going back in according to the email I received from one of the members.

It's these small Rays of light which keep hope alive for all the Animals and groups working in the Area.
 
Not sure if this was posted before but

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...69220705.55764.207835229228979&type=1&theater

<3 Bless this women for choosing to stay with her sheltie, I hope they both have found safety <3

That poor woman's story was the start of all this for me.
It made me seriously think about my own dogs and what would I do.
I know, living on the Pacific Rim and having active faults just off the Coast of Oregon, we are just living on borrowed time.

I believe the JEARS volunteers had given the woman plenty of Food for her dog and also their information, they are there if she needs to home him. This Rescue Group, JEARS is trying so hard to get that word out to people in the Evacuation shelters, but for many, their pets are all they have left from a normal life and do not want to be parted from them, even on a temporary basis.
It's very hard to imagine what is going on in the North Eastern part of Japan right now.

Thank you for sharing that.
 
Pack of Shelties rescued in Japan

Today on Yahoo homepage, there is an article that you might have read. A Japanese Sheltie rescue organization risks radiation to rescue a pack of Shelties left behind in the radiation zone after the devastation of the earthquake and tsunami in Minami Soma, Japan. I never new that Shelties are the most popular registered breed in Japan, and so sad that our gentle sensitive pups were left behind. There is a special place in heaven for these volunteers. Keep up the good work!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Shelties-rescued-Japan/ss/events/wl/041411japanshelties
 
Hmmm....I got an email about kobe's post about an update about the dogs. I don't see it here though. That's just strange. Anyways, the article stated that a group of volunteers went to go get the dogs. They got 20 in all, but a few ran away and there are others roaming free too. I hope they or others can go back, but 20 rescued is great. Also, they had dog food, so someone is feeding them. I hope they don't have radiation either.
 
Hmmm....I got an email about kobe's post about an update about the dogs. I don't see it here though. That's just strange. Anyways, the article stated that a group of volunteers went to go get the dogs. They got 20 in all, but a few ran away and there are others roaming free too. I hope they or others can go back, but 20 rescued is great. Also, they had dog food, so someone is feeding them. I hope they don't have radiation either.

There were two running threads regarding the Shelties in Japan featured on the AP photo. One was in General Dog Chat and one was in Sheltie Chat.

So there is no more confusion regarding which thread information was being placed in, I just merged the two threads and have them located under Sheltie Chat.

Hopefully this will prevent any further confusion :biggrin2:

Danielle
 
Back
Top