Recent content by LizT

  1. L

    Tools and supplements

    Hi, We use scissors mostly and those I bought in the kitchen section for 3.99. I buy zipper bags at Cash n Carry as it is alot cheaper and we use 12 quart tubs to hold bags of organs and hearts as they can be messy. We do feed four collies and three shelties raw so go through about 6.5 pounds...
  2. L

    Online Source for RAW

    Creston Valley Meats They have many interesting items and he delivers up and down the I5 corridor. You place an order and give him and exit number and he will call when about 1/2 hour away. I got my mom some ostrich frames, and other exotics for a great price. No shipping!
  3. L

    Co-ownership?

    Co Own If you decide to co-own you must put everything on paper. I currently co-own a collie I bred with the owner of the stud. We have no each other for years and raise our dogs in a similar manner. I trust her implicitly. Even thoug I trust her and she me we wrote out everything we wanted...
  4. L

    Showing Collies vs. Shelties

    Collies/Shelties I have collies and shelties. We have a smooth collie to show right now and a young sheltie to show. I don't want to live without either. My shelties have always been prima donnas. If they don't like something you can't change their minds. They are quick, smart, lovely and...
  5. L

    Conformation breeders and performance puppies

    Breeding We breed Collies and Shelties very rarely, usually when I want to keep someone. Before I purchase or keep a dog temperments is foremost, then structure. After that we look for conformation benefits. I don't think anyone should be "stuck" with a dog with poor structure or temperment...
  6. L

    uh oh...

    Mixing I have a litter of pupies weaned onto raw. Some of the new owners will be feeding grain free kibble so I feed them raw morning and noon and kibble in the evening and they are doing well. Strangely three of them developed worms 2 weeks after adding kibble. Also, if your girl is not...
  7. L

    Slipped Out of His Collar

    MArtingale J & J dog supply carries martingales taht are 3/8" wide and small. I use these for my shelties and they have the chain not the nylon. They are less than $10. I haven't found them anywhere else. Also make sure the collar is worked down into the ruff because if it is just lying on...
  8. L

    great deal on bones.

    Raw a few days I am so glad you are moving to raw. I must tell you though from watching a couple of friends that they still do not get all the benefits of raw until they completely switch.
  9. L

    questions about starting raw/natural diet

    Raw Hi, I have two shelties 3 years and 7 months. The youngest was supposedly a sensitive system sheltie on crazy expensive food. We switched her to raw and she does great. She has even been stealing the collies food and has eaten fish, beef, pork, lamb, tripe and duck. She should only be on...
  10. L

    Score!

    Score - Lungs We feed the lungs with trachea. My shelties get the lung ground with the trachea as a chewy.
  11. L

    great deal on bones.

    FeednRaw I have 2 shelties I feed raw. One is 3 and the other 7 months. The 7 month old supposedly had a sensitive stomach on was on very expensive food. Right, eating raw she gets everything and is perfectly fine. I buy all their meat for less than $1 per pound and it is much cheaper than...
Back
Top