Recent content by mf123

  1. M

    Puppy won’t let me trim nails or trim feet hair

    I have a Dremel so mahbe I will try that approach. I’m sure it will take some time to get him used to the noise. Is that whag took half a day? How did you do it? Thanks everyone. Looks like it takes a lot of baby steps to get there.
  2. M

    Puppy won’t let me trim nails or trim feet hair

    Looking for tips for how to get a young puppy to sit still for nail trimming and for foot hair trimming. I know you have to start the practice young so they get used to it but it’s newrly impossible to get him to hold still. Tried treats and toys as distractions. The only time I could trim the...
  3. M

    Purina pro plan focus for a puppy

    I will check out the dog food advisor. Thank you for recommending that. You can find almost anything online if you look hard enough.
  4. M

    Purina pro plan focus for a puppy

    Pennsylvania. I’ll look into the wellness brand. Thanks
  5. M

    Purina pro plan focus for a puppy

    The puppy is currently being fed this. It seems to be middle of the road from what I read online. Not terrible but not great. Anyone else use it? Anyone else have other suggestions? There’s so many options at so many different price ranges.
  6. M

    Looking for brush kit recommendations

    does anyone have a brush kit that they recommend? I know you need a few different kinds due to the long hair and undercoat. Thanks.
  7. M

    Can you raise a Sheltie puppy if work full time

    Thanks for all the responses and experiences. It looks like the best plan is a small crate at night for sleeping and will mostly likely have to get halfway through the night for a bathroom break. Then a bigger pen during the day with the smaller cage in it for sleeping and then a separate area...
  8. M

    Can you raise a Sheltie puppy if work full time

    Not sure if we could get a neighbor to do it everyday that’s why I was asking if it would be alright on it’s own.
  9. M

    Can you raise a Sheltie puppy if work full time

    Thanks. @corbinam on the days you could have someone stop in did he just go on the floor? You said he never used the pad. Our situation would be similar to yours I think. Some days we would be able to a walker and some days we wouldn’t. Did he learn to go outside or was it confusing for him...
  10. M

    Can you raise a Sheltie puppy if work full time

    Thanks for the reply. I’ve been reading many many posts on this forum over the past few weeks. It is so informative. I stumbled across a post from 2016 where someone posted this picture of their x-pen setup. This is what I had in mind since the little puppy would need a bathroom area and play...
  11. M

    Can you raise a Sheltie puppy if work full time

    Looking for opinions on raising a sheltie, specifically potty training to go outside, if you both work full time so the dog will be home alone for 8 hours a day during the week. I also worry about the high energy. From what I’ve read online (Ian Dunbar’s website mostly) it can be done but it is...
Back
Top