We just brought our pup home but I read through most all threads having to do with grooming before we did - it's very personal preference. Some love Madan, some love #1 All Systems, some love Chris Christensen and the t-brush from CC is recommended by many.
Pin Brush - Because of my location, dryness in the winter, I purchased a 20mm CC Fusion Pocket Bursh. It's smaller so I can toss in my purse if I want, has supposedly non-static bristles. If I need a longer pin in a few years when his coat pops, I can get a 27mm but this should do me for a bit.
Slicker - I am starting with a Lawrence Tender Care in the tiny size. Chris Christensen is mentioned lots as well, these are a lest costly alternative that folks seem to be happy with both her and on Amazon. I will eventually order a medium as well. I started out our first morning together using a slicker I used to use on one of our cats before his adult coat grew in. I figured I can train grooming on the tiny, then use it for the ear area as he grows.
Comb - I went with a cheapie combo for now that has looser tines on one end and tighter on the other. The CC Buttercomb gets good reviews and I will probably buy later, the cheapie should do fine on his coat for now since I am simply trying to get him accustomed to grooming.
Then scissors are recommended for trimming hair around feet and 'poop shoots' - have not ordered as on't need yet but Dubl Duck 6.5" blunt tip sheers were recommended by a few folks here. A few members are fans of a 'bikini shaver' - which I need to look into further because I am not aware of what it is - but that is used for trimming as well and is supposed to clean up the private areas nicely.
This site gets kick backs from Amazon - read that somewhere after I ordered, sorry - supposed to be somewhere to click through here on the site.
That is my newbie, uneducated, inexperienced summary of all I read - your mileage may vary....
