Recent content by Sugars new mom

  1. S

    Sugar has low thyroid...any advise???

    As I mentioned in a earlier reply, Sugar does seem to be improving a little it will be 3 weeks Friday that he started his meds. He has started barking more and gets really excited when I come home from anywhere something he really didn't do when I first got him the end of March.
  2. S

    Sugar has low thyroid...any advise???

    Some Improvement I have not been online for a while, the Vet only gave me the one number of 0.5 and told me that is very low. Sugar does seem to be improving some so I am very hopeful.
  3. S

    Sugar has low thyroid...any advise???

    So maybe he will not ever play with toys, I have tried to get him to run he will only trot for a few seconds sometimes he is like a donkey and just stops and refuses to move (I think it's cute but I wouldn't tell him that). I can only hope that by the end of Summer he will improve. That's good...
  4. S

    Sugar has low thyroid...any advise???

    That is what Sugar does now with toys just looks, walks away and lays down...the reason he was diagnosed so he late is because we just got him 6 weeks ago, I suspect he has had this problem for a while. His owner passed away in March and was very sick for 3 years so Sugar didnt really get any...
  5. S

    Sugar has low thyroid...any advise???

    When did you see a change in their activity level. I will be so happy to see him play.
  6. S

    Sugar has low thyroid...any advise???

    Thank you very much for the link to Dr. Dodds, I just hope to see an improvement in his activity level in a couple of months.
  7. S

    Sugar has low thyroid...any advise???

    I just found out Sugar has a low thyroid count 0.5 with 0.8 being considered low. That explains why he always sleeps and won't play. His thyriod medicine has to be taken 2x's daily and he will be on it the rest of his life, he is 5 years old. Anyone else dealing with this? Any advise on how to...
  8. S

    Hello from Ohio, 1st time Sheltie owner

    That is so nice to hear. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow and he has formed an attachment to me he follow's me everywhere. I just wished he would play a little and not sleep so much I know that is not good for his health.
  9. S

    Hello from Ohio, 1st time Sheltie owner

    Thank you all for such good advise! I thought he might need to be around other dogs (my friends only have large dogs) so I was afraid they might scare him. If anyone comes to the house he hides. But he does love to be brushed unfortunately his owner was very sick the last 3 years so he had a...
  10. S

    Hello from Ohio, 1st time Sheltie owner

    Oh thank you very much that sounds so encouraging, we will keep trying to bring him around.
  11. S

    New Sheltie owner in Mexico!! Have some questions

    May I ask, what is a facial stop?
  12. S

    Hello from Ohio, 1st time Sheltie owner

    I just love this site! I am trying to learn as much as I can about Shelties. We have a 5 year old named Sugar his owner just passed away so we took him in 2 weeks ago. He is the sweetest dog I have ever had. But I do think he is missing his first owner terribly and brother (a shetzu, I probably...
Back
Top