Recent content by Teddy Roosevelt

  1. T

    Scared, Normal, or Scared, Too Much?

    Fantastic tip, thanks. Made a trip today to the soccer tournament, even better. Lots of treats, slow exposure, and he did great. NO barking at people, and one little woof at a dog. The snow leopard on TV, though - man, that he didn't like. What is more interesting is our cat - I trained...
  2. T

    Scared, Normal, or Scared, Too Much?

    Thanks all. Took him to the park to watch sons football game. There were 350 people milling about. He did pretty well. Definitely has strong herding drive because he was pretty excited to try and corral the kids practicing. He was good on the leash and I kept his focus on me. He was super...
  3. T

    Scared, Normal, or Scared, Too Much?

    Never had a Sheltie - but the three previous dogs I've had (one Siberian, one Malamute, one GSD) were all happy go lucky pups who weren't scared of dogs or people. Teddy Roosevelt is petrified of people. He's only 8 weeks, and I'm slowly socializing him, but right out of the gate, he's...
  4. T

    New Family

    Hi all, new Sheltie owning family here in the West, 7,000 feet up and surrounded by forests. As a family, we're actually new to dogs but already have a cat. I've had dogs previously, most recently a German Shepherd. Teddy Roosevelt is 8.5 weeks old, been home three days, and is already...
Back
Top