10.18.09 Open Session: Dinner and Drinks

RonandJan

Forums Enthusiast
The Discussion is getting to know each other beyond our Shelties: our other lives, careers, families, likes and dislikes.


Tables are set with red and white checkered tablecloths. The center piece is an old ship’s wheel with blue hydrangeas, pink salt roses and baby’s breath. The flatware is in navy blue tin beach pails and bleached white quahog shell are scattered on the tables.
The Menu:

Crab Cakes
Clam Chowder
Steak and Lobster
Little Neck Clams
Baked Potato
Corn on the Cob
Cole Slaw
Potato Salad

Blueberry Cobbler and
Apple Pan Dowdy

Ice Tea
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Magic Hat Winter Selection of Beer
Church Street Cellars Winter Warmer (Ron’s Private Homemade Wine Collection)

Music playing in the background is Jazz and light rock.
 
Hi all, its Caro (short for Caroline) from Australia. My family are Greek-Aust and, thankfully, live about 1,000km away from me - so I get along with them great!

Well I'm allergic to shellfish so, if its okay I will just start on dessert! Plus, as I suffer from vertigo I will stick to non-alcoholic. Which I prob should anyway as I am at work - currently at the Commonwealth Dept of Health - and have a meeting in half an hour.
 
*Takes a big bite of crab cakes and washes it down with some Magic Hat*

My name's Ashley, I'm 24 and live in Charleston (though I'm originally from Virginia). I'm getting my MBA while my fiance, Jonathan, finishes dental school. We're getting married in December so if I'm not in class or studying, I'm doing some wedding planning or surfing on Sheltie Forums :wink2:
 
(I'm not big on fish either, but the steak sounds great to me!)

Well, my name is Ania (Ann). I am Polish. I was born in Poland but came to Canada with my family way back in 1981! I speak Polish, but it is broken. I am a chiropractor. I studied in Marietta, GA. My interests are doing agility and rally-o/obedience with my shelties and natural health.

Chinook and Maia are my second and third shelties ever. My first sheltie was a little tri, named Dorian.

I live alone with my two 'babies' and have no kids. I do have three sisters however and a niece and nephew.

And I LOVE this forum!
 
*Takes a big bite of crab cakes and washes it down with some Magic Hat*

My name's Ashley, I'm 24 and live in Charleston (though I'm originally from Virginia). I'm getting my MBA while my fiance, Jonathan, finishes dental school. We're getting married in December so if I'm not in class or studying, I'm doing some wedding planning or surfing on Sheltie Forums :wink2:


Congratulations Ashley! Will your pup be in the wedding? If not, be careful...the S.U.B.U may protest....or worse, growl at the groom! :eek2:
 
Congratulations Ashley! Will your pup be in the wedding? If not, be careful...the S.U.B.U may protest....or worse, growl at the groom! :eek2:

Thanks. Haha, actually, I think S.U.B.U. would object if we DID have him in the wedding. Only because we would probably make him wear a bow tie!

As it turns out, the church doesn't really approve of dogs inside. Bentley thinks the barking would really add to the ambience.
 
Dinner is buffet and Ron is running the kitchen because that is what he does. He a professional food and beverage guy. He is currently running between the grill and the bar, smiling and chatting with everyone in his dashing debenoir way that he has. He is a true Connecticut Yankee that Mark Twain wrote of.

I am quietly mingling because I am not as outgoing, but my first love is HOME. Home and hearth, books and poetry, music and good friends. My past is in Inventory Control for a Natural Stone Importer. I am a Buck-eye from the great state of Ohio.

We lived in GA for 20 some odd years and our three children are still there.

Amber (the yellow lab traitor) is an English student working on a Master's Degree
Joel (Heinz 57 Mutt dog) is an Inventory Control Specialist for Publix Supermarket
Roxanne (the cat girl:eek2:) is a medical student in her 4th year.

So that is us!
 
Back
Top