15 yr old sheltie x, rescued from pound

labgirl

Forums Sage
A wonderful lady I know works for a charity called 'Oldies Club' which basically works to rehome older dogs in rescue who are often over-looked. They have no upper age limit so many of their dogs are in their twilight years.

Their most recent success is Larry the sheltie x collie rescued from being imminently pts at the pound. He is 15!

Here he is
http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=42241

Bless him, I hope he finds a wonderful home soon. I think you can see the sheltie in his face in some of the photos.
 
What a great rescue to take in the oldies. My heart always breaks for them, as some of these dogs have had such a hard life :sadsmile:

There is a program here in the states that is similar to that. It is called seniors for seniors pet adoption or the Senior Project. The dogs are offered at no cost or low cost for the adoption.
 
What a wonderful rescue! I'm a softie for the seniors. They ask so little - a soft bed, a bit of scritching and good food. How wonderful that he won't have to spend his remaining time in the pound. Or worse :(
 
Wonderful rescue with a great name! Loved reading the very British description, especially "pottering around the garden". :smile2:

I hope Larry soon finds a wonderful person to call his own. I, too have a very soft spot for the seniors.

Thanks for sharing!

Sharon
 
If I had a bit more room here I would have offered, but I think Cadbury would have been too much for him - actually Merlin might be a bit too much as he is a confident wee thing who likes to bounce over other dogs!
 
Such a sweetie. I hope one day I am in a position to be able to offer an older dog like him comfort in their final years, I have to say the senior dogs in rescue always tug at my heartstrings:sadsmile:
 
Back
Top