3AM do you know where your Sheltie is?

SheepOfBlue

Premium Member
So Spitfire will wake me up whining in the middle of the night if I don't let him out just before we go to bed at night. Well I was figuring that might be OK as I needed to get a poo sample to bring to the vet today. Then I figured I would feed them both in the morning and get one from Sca after they eat.

You guessed it at 3AM Spitfire is creating a fuss and when I got dressed enough to go out with him carrying a flashlight and poop bag Sca decided that the bag might be food. Yes he is that bad about it so out he goes with us. Then of course he decides he can do his business also.

So yes at 3AM I was out in the yard collecting dog poo. Of course now it is to early to go in to work yet just late enough that I don't get back to sleep good either.

Nope not spoiled at all :)
 
At 3 am, usually, Annabelle is between my legs. Cooper is on one foot. Clara is curled up with DH. Tara is pressed against my back, or curled around my head. Rocket is in his crate until 4, when he wakes the whole house up. They at 4, out to the yard. Then back into bed until the alarm goes off at 5:45.
 
3 am today both dogs were barking at the weather sirens going off. But at least I didn't have to go outside! (plus mango snuggled right up against me after calming down, and Honey stole all my pillows for sleeping on --(not spoiled at all either))
 
At 3am this morning Cleo was laying there on the bed at my feet getting annoyed with Relic. Relic was barking his little head off at the end of the bed at all the thunder and lightning we were having. Once the big "right by your house" booms stopped and it sounded like normal thunder, he started to settle down and ignore it. That was his first thunderstorm at my house. I was not sure how he would react. But Cleo on the other hand just laid there with an annoyed look on her face. :ROFLMAO:
 
At 3:00 a.m Oberon decided it was the start of "Hi, I'm a clingy Sheltie" day, so he jumped on the bed and snuggled between Lee and I, which is unusual because normally he sleeps on the floor or under the bed. After waking up with Lee at 5, eating and going outside, he spent the entire day within 12 inches of me, usually with his head on my knee. I felt bad that I couldn't take the entire day to pet and cuddle with him, but I work at home and it's the end of my busy season so I had to work. At about 5 this evening, Lee came home and Oberon switched his Velcro-ness to him.
 
At 3:00 a.m Oberon decided it was the start of "Hi, I'm a clingy Sheltie" day, so he jumped on the bed and snuggled between Lee and I, which is unusual because normally he sleeps on the floor or under the bed. After waking up with Lee at 5, eating and going outside, he spent the entire day within 12 inches of me, usually with his head on my knee. I felt bad that I couldn't take the entire day to pet and cuddle with him, but I work at home and it's the end of my busy season so I had to work. At about 5 this evening, Lee came home and Oberon switched his Velcro-ness to him.

AWWWW. That really is very sweet.
 
Second shifters and overtime...lots of the neighbors here do 2nd shift or overtime, so we have people coming and going from 1am to 3am. Sometimes this disturbs Kaleigh, because if there is noise, but she can't SEE the source she can PITCH a fit until I comfort her and let her know all is well in the kingdom. I can tell if she is really anxious. Those are the nights she migrates from the foot of the bed to trying to sit on my face. :yuck: and all I want to do is :sleep: without being suffocated by a distressed woof.

LOL, that you DARED to break schedule or routine:bag:, Sheltie's don't like that or mine let me know that they are PUT OUT:cautious::arghh:, and let you know they didn't get the memo:writer:. In my house that is cause for lots of discussion/chatting as my girls confer on how they will get back at me.

Crazy how many of the sheltie forum folks, keep wee morning hrs.
 
Annie Laurie is flat as a pancake beside Daddy. Layla is on the floor by the doggie bed, upside down, propped against the wall. Bitsy Boodle is at the foot of DS's bed. Beckon is chilling on DS's bathroom floor.
OR
Annie Laurie is up, panting to go out. Beckon is with us, and everyone else in the dark, dark world is sleeping soundly as Annie, Beckon and I check out the moonlight.
 
Annie Laurie is flat as a pancake beside Daddy. Layla is on the floor by the doggie bed, upside down, propped against the wall. Bitsy Boodle is at the foot of DS's bed. Beckon is chilling on DS's bathroom floor.
OR
Annie Laurie is up, panting to go out. Beckon is with us, and everyone else in the dark, dark world is sleeping soundly as Annie, Beckon and I check out the moonlight.
:) your pups are too predictable. On a normal night Sca could be any where as he moves around on patrol and with his black back is very stealthy. Spitfire is sleeping but where is the question. Could be in the computer room or the bathroom. Or on the bed but even there he could be on me, next to me or down in the corner. Oh and he might be on the floor somewhere in the bedroom.
 
Yes, I know where Minnie is at 3:00 :yes: ---- And Minnie know where I am :lol:
When we are in our townhouse so she lies on the great "German shepherds" pillow and many times I can only see her white belly
When we are in the summer house so she lies in the living room on the couch in front of the wood stove.

Minnie she is unfortunately not one who cares to lie with me in my bed, now she is a "big girl" :biggrin2:
 
Back
Top