A butterfly....

the butterfly still lives in my heart....

Today is 7 years since my daughter, Michelle committed suicide. Even, after these long years, I hold her close to my heart and still sometimes can't imagine that she is gone. I'm shattered yet again!

Darling girl, you had such light in you....if only you could have seen it yourself. I miss and love you.
 
I wish for you that one day, the warm memories overtake the sorrow, Barb. Sending you hugs on a very difficult anniversary.
 
There is no pain quite like the pain of losing a child, no matter how old that child is. We have just passed our youngest daughter's birthday (she was born 2/15/2000) and are quickly approaching the anniversary of her death (4/29/2000 - SIDS). I appreciate how beautifully you've worded it -- both the joy and the sorrow.
 
There is no pain quite like the pain of losing a child, no matter how old that child is. We have just passed our youngest daughter's birthday (she was born 2/15/2000) and are quickly approaching the anniversary of her death (4/29/2000 - SIDS). I appreciate how beautifully you've worded it -- both the joy and the sorrow.

It does not matter how old the child is....the child is a part of you. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your girl. I've no doubt that she was already formed a huge part of your life. I'm sorry for your loss. As yes, Michelle will always be a light in my life, as long as I have the strength to keep her light burning...it's hard sometimes.
 
When we lost Natanya my mom pointed out that we have a word for someone who loses a spouse, and a word for someone who loses a parent -- but there is no word for a parent who loses a child. It is so out of the norm, so out of time, that there is truly no way to describe it. She also said that when you lose a parent, you lose a piece of your past; when you lose a spouse, you lose a piece of you present; and when you lose a child, you lose a piece of your future.

Yeah, I have a very wise mom.
 
Barb, I do know how you feel. I never said this on this forum, but I lost my oldest son 21 months ago to a sudden heart attack. He was only 35 years old. Six months later, I lost Cody to kidney disease. My two best friends gone. I miss them both so much, I cannot think about one without thinking about the other. Hugs to you! :hugs
 
I'm so sorry for everyone's loss....

I think I've finally got myself to the point to accept that loss is a part of living. And with the loss, I've had to re-learn how to live as well. Better and stronger.

With every loss in my life, whether my daughter, my dogs or my jobs, I've gotten stronger. Stronger, in the sense that I no longer let the small things get to me so much.

Hugs everyone!
 
Back
Top