A Goal

corbinam

Moderator
For personal reasons I haven't had much time to work and train the dogs over the past few months. Things have settled down a little bit, and I looked around and realized that I wasn't doing Lexi justice. One day when I wasn't in class my trainer reached out to me and asked me, "What are your goals?"

She had a great point. Lexi got her ADCH, life got in the way, and I just wasn't sure what our plan was anymore. I'm not the most confident person in the world, so setting a serious goal is scary for me. But with my trainer's confidence in us (her words were that Lexi is phenomenal!) I wanted to set out on a journey to be the best that we can be.

I don't know where it will lead us, and we're a little short on time, but starting now we're pushing ourselves to be the best that we can be, and to hopefully make a great showing at Nationals in October after months of hard work (and don't worry, hard work = play for Lexi!)

Had to share because this is an exciting and scary time...but I can't wait to see what's in store for me and my best friend :yes:
 
Ashley...here's to an exciting and successful journey for you and Lexi! We will be cheering you on!! :smile2:

Trini
 
Exciting, Ashley! Can't wait to see where this year takes you two.. such a great team!
 
Sounds like an exciting way to spend the time. I don't do agility, but I certainly enjoy watching the sheer joy on those dogs's faces. The teams seem to have such a special bond.

Way to go, Ashley.

Pam and Sunny and Snow
 
Last edited:
Ashley, best of luck to you and Lexi. Your little girl is going to love the time spent with you working on the goal. You can make it to Nationals. (Cynosport, correct?) I have no doubt about it.
 
You're a talented duo. I have no doubt you will make it to Nationals and have a great time. Good luck! Where is it this year?
 
This is so exciting, Ashley... you know we are all cheering you and Lexi on. :hugs

And I agree that Lexi is going to LOVE all the extra playtime... err, I mean practice! :wink2:
 
Back
Top