A long overdue hello

Darren

Forums Enthusiast
Hi everyone, apologies for going missing for so long, life just found a way to make everything complicated for a while! I've really missed everyone and it's so good to be back to see you all. Monty is still healthy and is still managing to age me by about 10 years every month haha. He's 9 now but age is not slowing him any, if anything he is learning new ways to get into trouble......I'm sure he takes pleasure in tormenting me :lol:.....Oh and he's still running around with Mr Broccoli, it looks like that is something that will never be changing lol.

I've missed so much while i've been away. I hope everyone is well and your pups are doing OK, I'm sending hugs to you all!! I'm going to make sure I come on a lot now so I can catch up with everyone! Apologies for the quick post, I had to work a double shift today and it's 2am now so I need to get Monty to bed so I can sleep.....Me trying to enter the house late at night quietly has already involved Monty barking, me stepping on Mr B and making a loud squeak, Monty then doing zoomies while squeaking Mr broccoli and me trying to catch him......ugh :rolleyes2:.

The girls got Monty looking his best for you all..........

 
New guy since last I posted in your thread. I lost Angus who was a hair monster and love sponge. Total airhead with no drive but so perfect. Now Spitfire is terrorizing me and Ian. Ian is a lovable guy who likes to sleep on my foot. Buuuuut he is a wild child that spins, runs loops, leaps over everything also.

Give Monty a pet from us.
 
Darren, it’s so good to see you back! We all recognize that life gets in the way of time but you and Monty and the girls are missed. We can all use your Monty stories these days! Thanks for checking in. Please post when you can! :hugs
 
Oh Darren, we've REALLY missed you and Monty, and the girls too. Welcome home! Your post had me laughing again right away. You always describe everything so vividly.
We lost our beautiful Tri girl Faith in October to brain tumors. We were lucky to have her for almost a year post diagnosis. She had just turned 12. We were gutted.

Then Faith's breeder decided we were too sad, so she showed me photos of her friend's two Sheltie litters and of course there was one who grabbed me right away. Juno is now 7 months old and keeps all of us on our toes! A new one never replaces another, but simply expands your heart. Elijah and Meadow like her as well.

Sounds like life is super busy for you but post when you can. :)

PS Mr. Broccoli is Meadow's second favorite toy still, after her beloved pink plush ball.

thumbnail_IMG_6733.jpg
 
Welcome back Darren! Life does have a funny way of getting in the way sometimes! It’s great to hear from you again! I can understand the stepping on Mr Broccoli…Finnie leaves his toys everywhere and sometimes I back up and step on them. It’s enough to make me hit the ceiling sometimes, my mom complains when it’s in the way of her walker in the middle of the night :ROFLMAO:… I think I know how you felt:lol:!
All of my crew are doing good…I mentioned to you about Piper, he’s doing fantastic considering he lost the majority of his bottom jaw. Still manages to chew his cookies and can still bite me:lol:! And Finnie (7 now) and Blueberry (4) are doing good.
Monty is a tough cookie, much like Piper…bossy and opinionated but we love them even more for it!
It’s great to hear from you again! Don’t be a stranger though….next time we’ll send someone to hunt you down!:biggrin2::lol:
 
Sheep - When I was last here you had just got Ian so it's really good to see he has turned into an affectionate little guy. I like that he has wild side too, Spitfire needs a minion to cause trouble on his behalf ;). I had no idea spitfire was 14, where have the years gone!! Agility training sounds great but can't see spitfire being happy about you training his minion haha. I tried with Monty but it didn't work out, probably just because I'm the worst trainer on Earth :lol:

Ann - Aw thanks Ann, I hope you are well, I've missed you too :hugs. I would never have made it this far with Monty without your tips, help and advice! I'll make sure there's no more disappearing from me again :yes:

Ron - Thanks Ron, good to hear from you and I hope everything is well on your side. I have many Monty stories, he has not matured with old age :lol:

Sharon - Thanks Sharon I've missed my you and my SN family :hugs. Don't know where all the time went but I'll make sure I don't vanish again! So sad to hear about Faith, she was such a beautiful girl. To last a full year after diagnosis proves just how strong and special she was:hugs
Oh wow Juno is stunning!! I hope she is well behaved for you and it's really good to see she has been accepted by Elijah and Meadow! They'll have a little pup to pass all the blame too when they get into their own mischief now haha. It's good to hear Mr Broccoli is still alive lol, I can't imagine him being very durable with normal dogs with full sets of teeth :lol:

Lisa - Thanks again Lisa for giving me a kick up the butt to get back here lol. I see you have been Mr Broccoli'd haha, it's like he knows when-ever we need to be quiet or not paying attention and get a fright! The thought of him getting in the way of your moms walker just made me lol, It's not just me having the night time squeak issues . It's so good to hear you are all doing well. The fact Piper can still have his cookies makes me smile, please pass on some hugs from me!
It's really good to hear from you, I promise you'll not need to hunt me down in future :winkgrin:


Monty now goes for a daily puppuccino on a morning. I made the mistake of getting him one a couple months ago and now he can't walk past the coffee shop without getting one. Attempts to walk past will result in barking, laying flat and refusing to move. So anything for a peaceful life so we now have to take Monty for a morning coffee each day.....well until he reaches the size of an elephant :rolleyes2:

He has given Lexi the role of puppuccino holder as he also doesn't like licking it from the ground, it must be held to Monty height......

IMG-20250511-WA0007.jpg
 
Oh that photo of Monty is priceless Darren….give me my puppicino hooman, I require some NOW!:ROFLMAO:
They do quickly learn when there’s a reward involved. A block from my house is a hardware store and over the past 8 years I’ve taken Piper in with me. The managers loved him and would always give him a cookie hence over time it became the ‘cookie store’. On a walk if we headed that way anytime we were close by he’d start spinning and barking hysterically and I’d have to stop in for him to say hi. I’d open the door and he would go running to the front counter for his treat. Now these managers have quit and moved elsewhere out of walking distance (we have visited by car lol) so I have to avoid walking in that direction! Poor Piper wouldn’t understand!
A few photos of my crew…Piper his tongue tends to hang out now and does tend to dry out if it’s been hanging out. He now knows a new phrase …I’ll ask him ‘are you thirsty , do you want some bone broth’? And he’ll You spin around and come running. That and sometimes I’ll pull on his tongue or move it with my finger and tell him to pull it back in:lol:…he doesn’t like that as much hahaha
Finnie still loves all toys including Mr Broccoli (I’ve had to bring him back in the house several times) and Blueberry is still a Princess…the only dog who feels entitled enough to sleep on my moms bed during the day! And my mom allows it! (My mom is 96…dogs aren’t allowed on a bed in her opinion)IMG_7797.jpeg IMG_7973.jpeg IMG_8390.jpeg
 
Back
Top