A question on an "un-fixed" female

Daleford

Forums Regular
My sister just bought a 3 year old female Sheltie. A beautiful sable named Sophie. Sophie came from a breeder who had hoped to raise pups from her but due to complications, she could not produce.
So Sophie has never been spaded. What are the cons to not having her done?
 
She could get an infection, since being in heat opens them up (internally), and makes for easier infections.

She could get cysts, or even cancer where (obviously) a spayed female can't.

It's harder on their bodies, as well.
 
Spaying eliminates so many potential illnesses, Daleford. Please urge you sister to have her darling spayed soon. :yes:
 
Don’t Make the mistake That I made I have a 7 year old female Sheltie sable named Ginger She never got her cycles thing so No never had her fixed
( Bad move) Go on the web and find out all that can happen to a female sheltie Mine ended up with Provo I know it missed spelled Her yetis became infection and needed surgery now . well about an hour before her surgery her yetis had bust and had all this poison in her and was not going to make it
Well It all turn out well the surgeon later told me he pushed the envelope and got all the poison out . Today she is fine we just have a weight problem witch we always had . ginger is a chow hound There are times she eats so fast like her tail is on fire. So I am now working on getting her weight down she is at 36 lbs
The surgeon told me later that if I had her fixed early in her life all of this would have not have happen to her and would have cost me a fraction of what it did ended up costing me 5.600.00 But today she is fine and barking her head off and back to her old self:o
 
Daleford, please convince your sister that if she really loves this Sheltie, It's the right choice and only choice she should make.:wink2:
 
Don’t Make the mistake That I made I have a 7 year old female Sheltie sable named Ginger She never got her cycles thing so No never had her fixed
( Bad move) Go on the web and find out all that can happen to a female sheltie Mine ended up with Provo I know it missed spelled Her yetis became infection and needed surgery now . well about an hour before her surgery her yetis had bust and had all this poison in her and was not going to make it
Well It all turn out well the surgeon later told me he pushed the envelope and got all the poison out . Today she is fine we just have a weight problem witch we always had . ginger is a chow hound There are times she eats so fast like her tail is on fire. So I am now working on getting her weight down she is at 36 lbs
The surgeon told me later that if I had her fixed early in her life all of this would have not have happen to her and would have cost me a fraction of what it did ended up costing me 5.600.00 But today she is fine and barking her head off and back to her old self:o

Pyrometria. An infection of the uterus (pus accumulating in the uterus.)

My grandmother had a bitch with that, and luckily she was spayed immediately (they found she had it when they began the operation to spay her!) Luckily for her, though!
 
Back
Top