A Sheltie Christmas!

Smudge

Forums Sage
Before anybody says, "But it's not even Halloween yet!" I would like to point out that it is only a little over 2 months until THE DAY, and I only have a few paychecks between now and THE DAY.

I am looking for sheltie ornaments and/or bone ornaments in bulk. When I say in bulk I mean I don't want to pay $10 for each individual ornament. I am, however, going to buy one of those sheltie resuce sheltie angel ornaments for Gizmo. He needs a place on my tree. :sadsmile: This is my first Christmas without him.

I found some nice looking tress at work last night while I was on my lunch break. They are probably only 4 ft. tall, but they come in all kinds of nifty colors! There's a blue one, a pink one, and a purple one. I can't decide which one I want! :biggrin2: My room is very small, so a tree of this size is perfect for my room. It's only about $20, too (lights included)!

Also, if anybody knows where I might could find a sheltie tree topper or sheltie tree skirt it would be apperciated.
 
I usually do theme trees for Christmas. I've done really, really nice gingerbread trees in the past. I love gingerbread men. :biggrin2: I had a gingerbread tree topper, a gingerbread skirt, and all gingerbread ornaments. I think shelties are going to be harder to do though. I just don't want to spend $30 on two decorations, you know? :uhoh: I wanted to do the pink tree, but I'm afraid it might be too odd since Smudge is a boy. I really do like it the best though! My gingerbread tree was all white.
 
Last edited:
When the kids were small for their tree up in the bonus room I actually used stuffed bears as the tree topper. It was then decorated with cookies, candy canes, and kid made ornaments. So you might find a stuffed Sheltie toy and use as your tree topper.

Also, off track, but my tree in the family room I used to hang with cookies. My prior Sheltie would always take one cookie when I would leave and eat it. She would only take one and leave the ribbon on the floor. That was always a big deal to have cookies for the dog. Last year I couldn't put cookies because of my new pup.

And another thought for ornaments. The small trees beside the front door on the outside are decorated with plastic animals. Kind of like the zoo animal packs they sell for kids toy. Take a glue gun and put a ornament hook on them. You might find something in a crafts section (like a Michael's) that is on the smaller side to go along with whatever decorating scheme you are looking for to complement your tree.

As far as a skirt. You could probably buy a solid color pre-made one. Actually if you can sew, they are fairly easy to make. Then get one of the iron on transfers and place your Sheltie likeness on the material. I believe you can get transfers that work on your copier. That way you could do the actual pictures of your pups.

Just thoughts. I've been looking at dog toys. Right now I'm thinking of a weasel on a ball.:lol: I think it's a cat toy!:rolleyes2:
 
Oh my!

I'm not sure what to think about the Sheltie Tree Toppers! Too funny! I think my family would think I'd finally gone "over the edge" if I dare mount that on the tree! :lol:
 
Oh my!

I'm not sure what to think about the Sheltie Tree Toppers! Too funny! I think my family would think I'd finally gone "over the edge" if I dare mount that on the tree! :lol:

Barb, I agree! My family thinks I'm crazy for spending so much time on sheltie forums. If I added the tree topper, I'm not sure what would happen!

I also think it's funny that it's sort of a sheltie head on a human/angel body. teehee.
 
Oh my!

I'm not sure what to think about the Sheltie Tree Toppers! Too funny! I think my family would think I'd finally gone "over the edge" if I dare mount that on the tree! :lol:

They are differant,but a bit over priced.Yes I think my hubby would think the same to Barb!

I am going to do a gourd ornie for Trapp,since Earnhardt has one,and Bumper to. We even have ornies for the grand dogs~
 
I will see if we can come up with a wood cutout form, something like the sheltie forum (a side view cutout) logo without stepping on Kelly's copyright and then I could paint them. I could mail them to all of you if they were out of balsa wood and stayed fairly light.

Two things:

Thank's Jessica for getting me thinking about Christmas early. When it comes to crafts for the holiday, NOW is the time to think about them.

And then second: It is worth repeating, one of the reasons I love this forum is because none of us think it is over top to consider decorating the whole tree (and house) in Sheltie Decor:biggrin2::biggrin2:
 
Back
Top