A Sheltie for Miley Cyrus?

I saw the posts on Facebook as well as Aneysa's explanation as to why she sold the pup to Miley and fully support her decision. She has the money & resources to provide good care to her pets.

I see it as a positive promotion for the breed (noting that Miley now has 4 dogs of various breeds) although I understand why many people have concerns.

I am sure she will be well taken care of and as the tabloids have it, many are calling Emu a "rough collie" and there is no mention of sheltie in her instagram photos!!

This pic of her in the shower with Emu is typical Miley....a bit unusual
 

Attachments

  • Miley Emu pic.jpg
    Miley Emu pic.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 48
Aynesa - you are a brave woman as a breeder myself and on the breeder grapevine... I do know there are some that are quite ticked off with you right now. I just hope Miley does comment that she got this puppy from a reputable breeder... hopefully that'll encourage copycats to do the same thing.


Thanks :) People can be ticked off with me if they wish. I brought that puppy into this world, and I was determined he get the BEST home possible, which he did! That's my responsibility, not to a bunch of unnamed people who wish to judge. Trust me, even I backpedeled at first! When I was first told who I was dealing with, I thought it was a joke!
 
LOL! I haven't had much time to be on here lately, though I used to frequent the board. Truth be told having the litter of puppies really just drew me away until this morning when I was emailed by a friend who still DOES frequent the board pointing this conversation to me. I'd put the pictures on facebook over a week ago. :) Most of my pics go to facebook, and I have no idea how to post pictures here. It doesn't seem easy....

Good looking pup Aynesa and size doesn't matter. I have one that is over and one that is in size but small for a male, both are wonderful.

As to the rest I am glad the pup will be well tended to. As to her I do the same as most celebrities, turn the channel. The only 'celebrities' I talk to are folks that are friends of friends or we are talking motorcycles :lol: (I would say as equals but they are WAY faster than me) The only thing I can say on her is, it seemed a shame the road she choose as it doesn't end well for most who choose that way and she seems to have talent enough to not make it necessary. Otherwise I don't watch any of that stuff as well I don't find it entertaining :pop Though you can tell your young one that I met a zombie at the race track that was also in the Vampire Diaries (think that name is right) though darn it he was faster also. Zombies are supposed to waddle but with 150 HP are actually quick LOL

Hope you stick around and gossip on your herd rather than just scoot in and out. As Calliesmom says 'we love pictures'
 
I hope all those who put down the idea of Miley owning a sheltie are a little embarrassed and ashamed. Seeing that pic of Emu and Miley together you realize how much that dog will be loved. Thank you to the breeder for setting everyone straight.

If all it takes is a picture, we'll be suckers for every propagandist with a camera.
 
we do love pix:yes:
links to public FB, any photo hosting site, premium pix in the thread- we don't care how we get to see the shelties.....

Aynesa, I admire your willingness to post here and inform us of what the true circumstances are -you certainly had no obligation to do so.
I also hope that responsible breeders can get a little more good public opinion through celebrity endorsement:fl
 
Originally Posted by bi-blacks View Post
I hope all those who put down the idea of Miley owning a sheltie are a little embarrassed and ashamed.
I am not ashamed about being concerned about the well being of an animal.

AGREE with you Jess041! If someone wants me to feel ashamed I DO NOT!

My post did not slam Miley at all -- just people who may get into the business of being irresponsible backyard breeders/puppy mills who do not care about the breed or not screening potential owners!

I have purchased from breeders who were wonderful and rescues as well...
NOTE: I am VERY concerned this can spur others to just make a profit like backyard breeders and puppy mills...
Here is a link to one sweet sheltie we rescued from a horrific backyard breeding situation!
http://sheltienation.com/2013/02/sheltie-tales-a-happy-ending.html

My original post
"Shelties are one dog that requires a special and dedicated owner... the results of not having one would be devastating for the breed!

Their sensitive nature, need to be with their caring owners, grooming requirements, understanding of their need to herd and bark, health issues make them a dog that not everyone could be responsible for.

I'm with you Barb!

It is NOT that I am against her having a sheltie - BUT ... all those copy cat people that want what she has... and would NOT be responsible owners..."
 
Ggomah, sadly, we will NEVER shut down bad backyard breeders or puppy mills. IT's just a fact of life. That does NOT mean that we stop trying. What is important to this fight is if celebs like Miley come out and say "I got him from a reputable breeder!" And in fact, her trainer and I are working to try to get her to do just that. But that would have happened regardless of breed (or mutt) she chose. The answer should be to be ready for an influx of puppy seekers, screen them well, and move forward. There will be a brief upswing, but shelties are perfect for first time owners, and so loveable and sweet that these people will fall for them as we have. It's just the nature of the breed! We can't stop the pet stores or puppy mills, but we'll also have some coming to us good breeders--and that's a GREAT thing!

~Renee

Originally Posted by bi-blacks View Post
I hope all those who put down the idea of Miley owning a sheltie are a little embarrassed and ashamed.

AGREE with you Jess041! If someone wants me to feel ashamed I DO NOT!

My post did not slam Miley at all -- just people who may get into the business of being irresponsible backyard breeders/puppy mills who do not care about the breed or not screening potential owners!

I have purchased from breeders who were wonderful and rescues as well...
NOTE: I am VERY concerned this can spur others to just make a profit like backyard breeders and puppy mills...
Here is a link to one sweet sheltie we rescued from a horrific backyard breeding situation!
http://sheltienation.com/2013/02/sheltie-tales-a-happy-ending.html

My original post
"Shelties are one dog that requires a special and dedicated owner... the results of not having one would be devastating for the breed!

Their sensitive nature, need to be with their caring owners, grooming requirements, understanding of their need to herd and bark, health issues make them a dog that not everyone could be responsible for.

I'm with you Barb!

It is NOT that I am against her having a sheltie - BUT ... all those copy cat people that want what she has... and would NOT be responsible owners..."
 
It sounds like you checked her out very well before you agreed to sell her a pup.

None of us really has any idea what celebs go through, but that is the price they pay to be rich and famous.They have very little privacy and the gossip mills are always there.

I hope Miley loves her pup and gives him a wonderful life. I think that is all you can hope for when you place a puppy with someone.
 
Miley & Emu

For those who love pics, here are more of Miley & Emu ( along with her 3 other dogs)
 

Attachments

  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
People can think whatever they want, and I'm sure she has the resources to properly care for a dog. But that woman is emblematic of everything that has led to the cesspool that popular culture has become, and I can't think of anything good coming from the breed by her owning one. Just my opinion.
 
Back
Top