A whole new type of footrest...

GlennR

Forums Enthusiast
Willow loves to lie either on, or tangled with, my feet. I like the connection enough to keep my feet still so I don't disturb her napping. I appreciate the physical warmth of the contact but even more the emotional bond that makes her pick me as her spot when she has a cushioned crate, loveseat, couch, and dog bed to choose from, all near at hand. So I sit unmoving, long past the point of physical comfort, to enjoy that link between us that makes my heart swell with affection.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...16481478--8724939606074235218-IMG_3591-X3.jpg
 
I do the same thing when one of mine deigns to cuddle up and rest a head on my lap or snuggle next to me. I'll avoid moving until the inevitable happens when one of the other dogs barks at a bird or something important outside and the moment is broken. It's a special time I treasure.
 
Oh yes, this is familiar. Don't dare disturb the dog's comfort even if your legs are asleep! This morning I was going to get up when Meadow hopped up and laid alongside me which is so rare, so I stayed in bed a while longer to just relish the cuddle time with my normally busy little pup. :)
 
Oberon gets on our bed when we go to sleep at night and arranges himself so he has contact with both of us. Since it's usually that he's touching Lee but laying on me, I'll stay that way as long as I can. Invariably, though, if and when I turn over he jumps off the bed and curls up on the floor to sleep.
 
Back
Top