A year without Noah

Emmasmom

Forums Sage
One year ago today, I had put our beloved Noah outside in the morning. I kept checking on him like I always did. Around 7 I looked out and he was lying on his side. I knew then that we had lost him. He had been trying to get back to the steps to come in. I don't think we knew how sick he was. He had been vomiting for a day or so and we believe that he suffered from a GI bleed caused by an anti-inflammatory he was on for a week which he finished 10 days earlier.

Noah, whose name means comfort, came into our family 10 days after we lost our beloved Hamish to a 3.5 year battle with pancreatitis. Dad missed Hamish to much that we felt we had to get another Sheltie for him. Noah was very much Dad's dog. Noah loved us all, but Dad is the one he would follow around. Noah also loved the kids in the family and as the family grew he accepted them all into his family. If he wanted to be away from them, he just found somewhere else to lie.

He loved the outdoors, even in the middle of winter. He never wanted to come in. He loved all things fruit and veggies and would stand and wait for tidbits whenever we went to the freezer, the fridge, or were making a salad.

He was a protector, not liking anyone to open or close a window. He tried to protect Mom from her medications, such as warfarin and lanoxin, which can be deadly in high doses.

Noah has gone out of our lives but he has never gone out of our hearts. He is a treasured part of our lives, one that we would never try to replace. Although we have Emma and now Liam, they are not replacement dogs, but are making their own way in our lives as our hearts and lives expand to include them. No one dog ever replaces another one, they just add to the foundation each dog lays in our hearts.

The best way I found to honour Noah and his part in our lives was to find Emma.

Arbreglen Noah Bradley - July 17, 2000 to November 14, 2009. We miss you, Buddy Boy, Grandma's pretty boy, Dawg, No-No, Noki - these are just a few of the names bestowed on you by those who loved you.
 

Attachments

  • noah 2 001.jpg
    noah 2 001.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 44
  • noah 3 001.jpg
    noah 3 001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 41
  • noah 001.jpg
    noah 001.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 42
  • noah20080001.jpg
    noah20080001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 46
Noah was such a handsome boy, Ronna. I agree completely that they never really leave us, and we never stop missing them. I hope you find comfort today in Liam and Emma's licks and cuddles, and happy memories of a wonderful family member. Sending you hugs. :sadsmile:
 
Such a touchingly written and heartfelt tribute to your lovely Noah Ronna. The last photo of Noah was a wonderful one, one to treasure for ever I am sure. Here's to the happy memories.

David
 
What a lovely tribute to Noah. Many of us feel your grief and pray you will find comfort in your wonderful memories of him. Keeping you and your Dad in my prayers.
 
That last picture was actually taken by the photographer who did the church directory. This is also a picture he took of Dad, Mom, Noah and I. This one I treasure as well, as just Dad and I are left. We lost Mom in June.
 

Attachments

  • scan0114.jpg
    scan0114.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 29
Thinking of you & your dad today.I hope that the many happy memories you have of Noah,and the comfort of Liam & Emma give you some comfort today.

A hug for you ((hug))
 
Noah was much loved and will never be forgotten. That is the best tribute anyone can have in life. He was beautiful.
 
Back
Top