Abby's Dad
Forums Enthusiast
So Abby is now 9 months. She loves to be in the house. When we go out to do business she runs back in when she is finished. I have been forced to leash her to stop her from running/jumping due to her injury
even for potty walks. When it is time to go either for a ride or walk she refuses to come to me and runs the other direction and hides like a cat. We go to the park everyday for a walk so all her rides are pleasant and positive ones. She has a large crate in the back seat with 4" of cushy foam so even when we run errands she is very comfy. I'm not a speeder and drive cautiously. She just does not want to go. So I am debating whether to leave her home in her crate while I go out or continue to hunt her down and carry her from the house to the truck which is getting quite old. She sees me putting on my shoes and jacket and that's when she runs and hides. To me it is clear she does not want to leave the house. Now I know she is just 9 months and will grow out of this but here is my question....what should I do right now??? force her to come with me or leave her home in her crate. Yesterday she played that game and I just lost it and put her in her crate and left. My wife said she cried and cried the whole 2 hours I was gone. Then when I got home I let her out of her crate and went outside without her and did somethings that needed to be done and she cried and creid. Then in the afternoon when it was time for our walk she ran in the opposite direction again...
So please give me your opinions, thanks
even for potty walks. When it is time to go either for a ride or walk she refuses to come to me and runs the other direction and hides like a cat. We go to the park everyday for a walk so all her rides are pleasant and positive ones. She has a large crate in the back seat with 4" of cushy foam so even when we run errands she is very comfy. I'm not a speeder and drive cautiously. She just does not want to go. So I am debating whether to leave her home in her crate while I go out or continue to hunt her down and carry her from the house to the truck which is getting quite old. She sees me putting on my shoes and jacket and that's when she runs and hides. To me it is clear she does not want to leave the house. Now I know she is just 9 months and will grow out of this but here is my question....what should I do right now??? force her to come with me or leave her home in her crate. Yesterday she played that game and I just lost it and put her in her crate and left. My wife said she cried and cried the whole 2 hours I was gone. Then when I got home I let her out of her crate and went outside without her and did somethings that needed to be done and she cried and creid. Then in the afternoon when it was time for our walk she ran in the opposite direction again...
So please give me your opinions, thanks