Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

Well look at that, it's almost gone. What an absolute cutie, too. I love bi-blacks. How old is he now? BTW the disease the vets were thinking about was probably DM, dermatomyositis (sp?) it does occur in Shelties. You might reach out to your breeder and see if his parents were tested for it (and other things like MDR1). My breeder routinely tests dogs that she breeds.

But looks like he just had a little abscess or infection. Phew.
 
Well look at that, it's almost gone. What an absolute cutie, too. I love bi-blacks. How old is he now? BTW the disease the vets were thinking about was probably DM, dermatomyositis (sp?) it does occur in Shelties. You might reach out to your breeder and see if his parents were tested for it (and other things like MDR1). My breeder routinely tests dogs that she breeds.

But looks like he just had a little abscess or infection. Phew.

Thankfully no DM in his lines, or any other autoimmune diseases that have shown up. That makes me feel more hopeful that perhaps it isn't an autoimmune condition after all...the vets were saying it looked like pemphigus or discoid lupus (aka "Collie nose"). I still wonder if they would've said that if they had seen it before it became an abscess...oh, and to answer your question he is turning 3 next month! I absolutely love bi-blacks as well :) <3 he is the second one I've had.
 
Back
Top