Absence...

GlennR

Forums Enthusiast
Well, I'm sure everyone knows the old adage that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think it's pretty true for Willow. She spent a lovely weekend with my youngest son at home while my wife and I were a few hundred miles away helping her dad, 92, recover from surgery on his arm. We would normally bring Willow on a trip to my wife's parents but with dealing with an invalid and the pandemic closures we felt it would be better to leave her behind. We got complaints from her parents who wanted to see her. She can come next time.

Anyway, back to the absence and fondness. When we got home today after four days away Willow was a bit frantic and over the top affectionate when we got in. We had to leave some things packed as she wanted our undivided attention. Her ears were pinned right back to her head and she felt she had to maintain contact with one of us at all times. She wagged her whole body when she first saw us come through the door. What a sweetheart.
 
Last edited:
Yes, the Princess was bereft without all her loyal subjects at home! Honestly that is so sweet though. We usually get that kind of greeting from Faith - full face wash, jumping in our faces if we bend down, etc. if we've been on vacation.
 
I get that from Finnie every time I come home from work (I've been on a graduated return to work) and it warms my heart to see how happy he is...I can just picture sweet Willow and her joy at seeing you once again! Poor girl...you must've missed her almost as much as she missed you!
 
Back
Top