ghggp
Moderator
Yep, sables are my favorite too.
My impression is $1,000 for an 8-year-old might be high. However, keep in mind a breeder might want a higher price to ensure a good home. I am sure the fact that the dog is a champion is nice... But, I bet she will require the dog to be fixed.
My Logan was a Champion and the breeder let me have him over another breeder who would have used him for stud. He was 6. I told the breeder I would give him a great retirement home rather than making him live in a kennel.
Talked to the breeder if you really like her. She may work out a deal with you. Most reputable breeders will allow a return if for some reason she does not work out.
My impression is $1,000 for an 8-year-old might be high. However, keep in mind a breeder might want a higher price to ensure a good home. I am sure the fact that the dog is a champion is nice... But, I bet she will require the dog to be fixed.
My Logan was a Champion and the breeder let me have him over another breeder who would have used him for stud. He was 6. I told the breeder I would give him a great retirement home rather than making him live in a kennel.
Talked to the breeder if you really like her. She may work out a deal with you. Most reputable breeders will allow a return if for some reason she does not work out.
Last edited: