Agility toy must haves?

Toffee's Mom

Forums Sage
In the other thread I have mentioned Toffee found a better tug toy in my Trainers Gym bag :rolleyes2:
So of course I scoured the net for one... here is what I have ordered... omg online shopping :(
LOL

http://www.genuinedoggear.com/GDT-FFOR-LB-dog-bite.html

Also figured this would be a great idea for getting him to tug more at places that are new to him.. and refocus on me isntead of a dog that wants to (god forbid) sniff or *gasp* play with him... lol
http://www.genuinedoggear.com/GDL-FLFR-HU-ZE-dog-dog_fur_leashes.html

What do you agility guys think??
AND what are some of the MUST HAVES for you all??
 
Last edited:
Bailey has a toy very similar to this one. Except the strap is not fleece. She loves it but, sometimes during a game of fetch, she gets her leg stuck in it :lol:

It must be an extra challenge to look cool in front of your agility buds when that happens. :winkgrin:
 
I got that one for Diva who is normally a good tugger but for some reason she doesn't like it. I don't know why. She doesn't like to grab the pouch or the handles. I'm not giving up on it though. Maybe I need to stuff some raw beef strips in the pocket for more smell and favor.:lol:

Weird! I can only say that we use it for our non-tugger. He's still not a tugger on the agility field, but he is able to tug some now because of it.

Lexi will tug on practically anything (toy, ball, leash), so she hasn't gotten anything special yet. Of course she refuses to tug when on the agility field. She would much rather self reward by running around, or just taking another turn :lol:
 
Phebe has a fleece rabbit tug and matching martingale/lead from Kollars by Kathryn. She likes them both, but there's one ball tug that shows on the training field from time to time and she grabs it every time she can.

http://www.kollarsbykathryn.com/

Why do I look at these web sites? Other things to add to the want list. A combo tug lwash for Diva. Diva's favorite are the ball tugs. She sees tennis balls her eyes light up.:smile2:
 
Weird! I can only say that we use it for our non-tugger. He's still not a tugger on the agility field, but he is able to tug some now because of it.

Lexi will tug on practically anything (toy, ball, leash), so she hasn't gotten anything special yet. Of course she refuses to tug when on the agility field. She would much rather self reward by running around, or just taking another turn :lol:

I know weird. Maybe I should try it with Ember. She doesn't like toys or tugging much but loves food. I am struggling to find a better agility reward system for her. She doesn't like things thrown around her. I swear somebody hit her in the head with something as a small puppy. I'm starting the clicker with her so we'll see.
 
Back
Top