Agility Trial - Take 2

Silaria

Forums Sage
Next weekend, August 15 & 16, Edan and I will be competing in our 2nd CPE agility trial. This time around I'm more excited than I am nervous. I know we CAN successfully navigate a course and I'm not just fooling myself. :lol:

I'm still not going in expecting Q's or placements; but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. :wink2: Having fun with Edan is still my #1 priority.

We'll be running CPE Level 2 for Standard, and the games of Full House, Wildcard, Colors and Jumpers. We'll also be trying to finish off our CPE Level 1 requirements in Snooker and Jackpot.

It's hard to to be excited when doing something that is so much FUN. :biggrin2:
 
Last edited:
Good luck. I'm jealous...I can't wait to start agility! We want a full report. Pics would be good too :biggrin2:
 
:lol: You sound like me 6 months ago, Fergus.

My hubby can't go with me this time to operate the camcorder because we are going to have house guests. I'm going to take it with me anyway and hope I can find someone to video my runs like I did for the last trial.

I know we are going to have a trial photographer there but I don't know how long it will take to get the pictures or how much they are going to cost.

However, just to tide you over until I get pictures or video from my trial, have a look at these; I don't think I've posted them yet.

Edan - Tire Jump
Edan - Bar Jump
Edan - Bar Jump 2 (I call this one his "Superdog" jump because of the position of his front paws.)
Edan and I just before we run: Picture 1 & Picture 2
 
Last edited:
Looks as though you both are having a ball ! Having fun with it is my philosophy as well.... and being a green handler with a green dog is interesting, but we're taking it slowly and having a great time along the way. Good luck with the trial and at least give us a recap.
 
OOOooooooooh! Thanks for the photos! Those are great. That last jump looks high or maybe it's the angle. There's a show/agility trial/obedience trial this weekend so I'm sitting here trying to talk myself into buying a new zoom lens so that I can try for some decent pics :winkgrin:
 
Agility

Good Luck at your trial.Shadow, Sting, and I wish you the best.I am going to try CPE next year with Sting. I am still hemming and hawing as to go for MACH 2 with Shadow or semi retire him.My instructor had to run Sting last night as I have Tendonitis is my left foot and it is very painfull just to walk. I got to see how much he has learned in 6 months and just how fast he can run.He is fast.I just hope he will be ready in November for the Thanksgiving Cluster in Springfield Mass( wich is the largest AKC Agility Trial in the country).
 
I just love the Agility photos - poetry in motion....it inspires me to want to try it with my boys.
 
I enjoyed seeing the photos of Edan in action. I agree with BarbV ", Edan is "poetry in motion". I especially liked the one of Edan looking up at you (Picture 1). Now that's the epitome of a pup in tune with "Mom".
 
Back
Top