Agility Withdrawals!!!!

k9kreationz

Forums Celebrity
Yes, I'm going through withdrawals and it's been a week. I am taking a hiatus from my current trainer while I figure out what I want to do. Did I tell you that a woman I train with said, "if I had to pay, I wouldn't go" sad, but true. She knows we need more out of the class. So, the other close by training facility has openings (guess their top trainer left and took all her students with her). They never have openings, so yay.

I'm going to try and get in a drop-in next week and hopefully find a new class and try that out. It's not as far as the other classes I was doing drop-ins at, so this may be better.

I was told though, that they work more on course work and not so much specific issues, like contacts. Is that typical? So by the time I hit a class that's an Open level, I should have contacts and everything down pat and the only thing to work on is coursework? Seems strange. But then, we don't work on contacts in my regular class either. I work on them when I run. As long as they're okay with me doing that, I don't see the problem.

Anyhow, I hope I can find the time and the park isn't busy, so I can work with Koji a bit there. And not get busted either. The other Friday, it was BUSY!!! Heck there was even a soccer game going on.
 
I would go through withdrawal, too!

In fact, I'm getting antsy just thinking about not doing any agility while we move (it's going to be a whole week without agility!!!)

So am I understanding that you don't really like the trainer you're with now? I feel like you just switched to this person recently...but I can't remember.
 
we are going through huge agility withdrawal as Che has muscle strain and we will not be doing classes for probably 6 weeks or so.
 
I would go through withdrawal, too!

In fact, I'm getting antsy just thinking about not doing any agility while we move (it's going to be a whole week without agility!!!)

So am I understanding that you don't really like the trainer you're with now? I feel like you just switched to this person recently...but I can't remember.

I know, that's how I feel. It's like this move is sucking up so much time that it's longer than it really is. So I feel like I'll be off WAY longer than normal. Weird. However, it's nice to know I don't have class tonight. We've gotten to packing "the small things". When you have 10 empty boxes and you think, I have too many boxes, but in reality, all the small things will fill it up easily. Bleah.

Did you find any classes/clubs up in Ohio? Or are you sitll looking?

I didn't switch due to the distance. I was going to, but after figuring out the cost of gas and all that, it just wasn't doable. I like my trainer well enough, but I agree with Sharon. Why would I want to train under someone who never got past Open, when I want to eventually get a MACH? And when someone else in my class says the same thing, well, I wanted to move on. BUT the one training facility nearby had no open spots. They rarely do. But since an instructor left and took all her clients, there's a ton of openings, so I'm trying to get in while I can. It's still a lot of money, but I think the trainers there just have the experience I'm looking for.

I just emailed 2 of them. Need to call the other 2. And I'm going to do more drop-ins. Need to spread out the money though. Classes will be more expensive.
 
we are going through huge agility withdrawal as Che has muscle strain and we will not be doing classes for probably 6 weeks or so.

Oh yikes! Poor Che! Well, okay, poor you too. :) I'm taking 6 weeks off too, but I still have a trial coming up and will train at home. I dunno if I could NOT do either for 6 weeks. Hugs to the both of you. May Che heal fast fast fast!
 
Back
Top