Amber had her first night sleeping in bed with us.

dkean

Forums Enthusiast
She woke me up with a wet willie in my left ear. Then she went over to my wife and wanted to get under the covers. So she got put into her kennel so we could get up and dressed. Up until now she didn't want to sleep in bed with us. Then the last few days she played catch me if you can when we went to put her into her kennel. So last night we left her on the bed and she did very well.
 
Its a mixed blessing! My dogs go back and forth between sleeping on the bed or not. Sometimes Bacca goes to a completely different room.

If I wake up in the middle of the night, its comforting to have the dogs there. Not so comforting at 5:30 a.m. when they are walking all over me me to wake me up to feed them.

And when I don't see either dog....I have a panic attack! Did I leave them out ALL night! (It happened once!)
 
I love waking up in the middle of the night to that warm pressure against my leg...or my head. :wink2:
 
I love waking up in the middle of the night to that warm pressure against my leg...or my head. :wink2:
haha that's how my girl is... usually the back though back or head. my poor fiance sometimes even has to share his pillow with her.
 
I agree with Chris - I love the feeling of them snuggled tight. Emma is usually the one on the bed all night. Liam and Natalie are up and down. Liam will usually end up the night snuggled up behind my knees. Natalie and Emma fight with either over where one will lie. Emma DOES not like anyone in her designated spot.

I also agree with Barb - the two younger dogs will wander in and out of the room over the course of the night.

I find I can't get to sleep properly unless I know Emma is snuggled up behind my back.
 
Missy started sleeping with the crate open back in November or so. I say sleeping with the crate open because sometimes she still sleeps in her crate, despite having the freedom to sleep in my bed or wherever she wants. I keep the bedroom door shut to 1. keep the cats out, and 2. keep her from torturing the cats all night.

For the most part she sleeps in her crate or somewhere on the floor. Sometimes she'll sleep at the foot of my bed, and even rarer (but it has happened), she'll sleep on my bed right next to my shoulder/chest, right below the pillow. She's always so kind to sleep perpendicular to me when she choses that location! She is really good about not waking me up to eat or anything. She waits for me to "stir" and then gets right on top of me, whether or not I was actually ready to get up...

Another interesting thing she's starting doing... I sleep with a box fan on the floor next to my bed for whitenoise and to keep my bedroom cool. It's a habit I picked up from an ex BF, and now I can't sleep without a fan. Missy now likes to sleep infront of the fan, laying on her side so the fan is blowing on her belly. It's the silliest thing I've ever seen.. it's not summer time, and she doesn't even have her full coat yet.
 
Beau sleeps on the couch, then when I get up in the morning he makes a bee line for the warm spot in the bed and then I get back in bed and we snuggle for about thirty minutes. That's the best part of the day for me.
 
Angus sleeps on the bed every few nights ....he gets too warm and often goes to his kennel by himself as he is hot! He does sleep so cute.... he lays on his back with his feet straight up in the air next to me:lol:
 
I've never let Callie sleep all night with me. A couple of times she's had a nap with me on the weekend, but never all night. I'm usually up a time or two during the night to use the restroom or get a drink, and I'm afraid I'd just wake her up and then she wouldn't go back to sleep.

Guess I'll have to try it one of these days and see how she does.
 
I've never let Callie sleep all night with me. A couple of times she's had a nap with me on the weekend, but never all night. I'm usually up a time or two during the night to use the restroom or get a drink, and I'm afraid I'd just wake her up and then she wouldn't go back to sleep.

Guess I'll have to try it one of these days and see how she does.
I wake up my dog all the time throughout the night with her having no issues of sleeping more. I also however get woken up by her kicking me in her sleep. the price I pay to have a cute furball cuddling with me :o
 
Back
Top