Annoying Problem with 'New Posts'

OntarioSheltie

Forums Celebrity
I usually go to new posts to see the new posts. When there is a thread I want to view I click on it and read through it or skip to the last page, then click new posts again, or I reply, then hit New Posts. This way when the new posts page reloads, I don't see the thread I just read or replied to.

Lately though, when I post a reply and then click on new posts, the thread I just replied to is STILL there and shows that I've just replied to it. To make it disappear I then have to go back in, go to the last page and then click New Posts again.

This is getting REALLY annoying and has been happening for a couple of days now. I've cleared my cookies and used multiple computers. What happened?

Also, I've started getting the message "You must wait a minimum of 10 seconds between searches" when I hit the New Posts button, which is also annoying, since I don't necessarily read all of the thread. Often I view the first comment, decide whether I'm interested or want to comment, click the last page then the "New Posts" button again within that 10 second time frame apparently. So I have to sit and wait till it will let me 'Search' again.
 
Last edited:
Its been going on since I posted about it what was it a few months ago, Everything stays new unless I physcially mark them read. :confused2:
 
I'm unable to reproduce either of your problems. If I click on 'new posts' & choose a thread, even skipping to the last page, then click on new "posts again", the thread disapears for me.

FYI...Don't clear your cookies. You do have "remember me" checked when you login, correct?

Waiting 10 seconds between posts is a way to limit spam bots. Although I'm also not getting that error, no matter how many times I click the new posts button. :confused2:

I do think you would be more annoyed if we had an attack & it slowed down the server even more...or god forbid, crashed it! :lol:
 
I clear my cookies daily on my work computer but not at home. I'm having the problem on both computers.

Its so strange, this only started a few days ago for me. Even the search message only started days ago. I haven't changed the way I'm doing things.

You're right Kelly, spam would be more annoying. I've seen the spam on other similar forums and am so grateful for ours.
 
I usually go to new posts to see the new posts. When there is a thread I want to view I click on it and read through it or skip to the last page, then click new posts again, or I reply, then hit New Posts. This way when the new posts page reloads, I don't see the thread I just read or replied to.

Lately though, when I post a reply and then click on new posts, the thread I just replied to is STILL there and shows that I've just replied to it. To make it disappear I then have to go back in, go to the last page and then click New Posts again.

Melissa,
I've seen this happen to me quite a few times. Usually when it happens its because someone else posted before I hit the "Submit Reply" button on whatever I was typing.

That post just prior to my reply is tripping the flag for unread messages to "Yes" before I can post and hit the New Posts search.

Hope that helps.
 
Melissa,
I've seen this happen to me quite a few times. Usually when it happens its because someone else posted before I hit the "Submit Reply" button on whatever I was typing.

That post just prior to my reply is tripping the flag for unread messages to "Yes" before I can post and hit the New Posts search.

Hope that helps.

I've had that happen before but that's not what's happening. I'll make a post in my own thread, right after my own post and have this issue. When I go back and look no one has posted but me.
 
That only happens to me if I don't read through or at least click on EACH page in the post. If I miss a page, it assumes that I did not read that page (which I didn't) and it still stay in my "new posts" section.

Try clicking on each page of the thread, then click new posts and see if it disappears.
 
Back
Top