Another throwing up thread. :(

SheltieLuver

Forums Enthusiast
My little pet sheltie, Monet, has me a bit concerned. I've noticed that over the last few days... whenever he goes outside to potty during the afternoon regardless of the area, whether he is in a kennel, or the yard(so you know he couldn't be getting into something) he comes back in and hacks and pukes up clear liquid. This isn't a one time thing... he does it over and over again for quite some time. It is hot outside and he generally does play with the other shelties... I let them out all at the same time... could it just be over exertion? They only stay out about 15 minutes.
He's eating good. And, acts normal, unless he doing his puking thing.. he acts somewhat distressed then, which is normal I'm sure.
 
Pyper was doing that for a while. I noticed that it was shortly after she took a long drink. I think she was just drinking a little too much at once. It stopped after a couple of weeks.
 
Is he eating grass?

Indy often coughs up clear stuff, usually after he's chewed on some grass. Why he chews grass, I don't know. He always eats poop sometimes. I guess its because he is a dog.
 
I am thinking it could be due to this heatwave. Can you cut his excercise to shorter intervals and see how he does than. They can get heat exhaustion quite easily in this weather. A dog at our park collapsed on the way out of the park last summer after playing ball for just 5min. By the time the owner carried him the 2blocks to the vet he had passed in his arms. Very sad for all of us at the park that day.
 
Running around getting super hot then drinking lots of cold water is a sure fire way to have that. Sounds weird but give him moderate water rather than cold.
 
Thanks for all your comments. He's doing a good deal better. I've never experienced anything like that with him before... which is what got me so concerned... and agree it is probably the heat wave we are having.
 
Thanks for all your comments. He's doing a good deal better. I've never experienced anything like that with him before... which is what got me so concerned... and agree it is probably the heat wave we are having.

Glad to hear that he is feeling better.
 
Back
Top