I am mostly on my own to do training with my dogs as there are not many classes offered where I live. I take classes, my fourth one, at PetSmart with Ryder. The teacher is really good!! She was certified at a school in Texas so she does not just have PetSmarts certification. The room is very small so it is very awkward if there are more than four people in the class.There is one kennel club in the area where the instructers are volunteers. I took my older dog to a class there last summer and they got very impatient with his barking. Ryder barks alot more than Maverick so I do not want to bring him until he is older.Some questions I have:
1) where do you hold your food when teaching heeling?
2) Ryder barks at me almost the whole time I am training him. In class or at home. Not sure if he likes the sound of his voice or just gets to excited.
3)Are there any books or sites that anyone could recommend?
1) where do you hold your food when teaching heeling?
2) Ryder barks at me almost the whole time I am training him. In class or at home. Not sure if he likes the sound of his voice or just gets to excited.
3)Are there any books or sites that anyone could recommend?

