Bailey's Weight

I doubt this is the problem, but sometimes diarrhea is caused by bad food. For example, Science Diet is a low quality food (1 Star) and could be causing the diarrhea. Just an idea...
 
I doubt this is the problem, but sometimes diarrhea is caused by bad food. For example, Science Diet is a low quality food (1 Star) and could be causing the diarrhea. Just an idea...

She was on wellness for a while and then i tried innova. She had diarrhea with both of them.
 
How long have you had her on each food?
I believe Wellness is known for causing loose stool in some dogs so I don't doubt that.
 
I just spoke to the vet. She still thinks her diarrhea is a dietary issue. She's giving me science diet i/d canned food now. One can a day fed over 3 meals. No more rice and chicken. Nothing else. Still give her the vitamin C pill for her uti/vaginitis and she prescribed metro(something) for the diarrhea. She said her BM's will probably be loose tomorrow. Saturday she probably won't have a BM and to call her Monday to see how she's doing.

She did gain some weight, which is great. She was 7.13lbs on monday and now weighed 8.4lbs. Much better than her gaining .3 ounces in two weeks.

I'm hoping this works!

Fingers crossed for you, Randi, that this will work.

Great that she is finally putting on some weight. It is also a good thing that she is not getting dehyrdated. That is scary with a little puppy.

I will keep checking back on this.
 
Fingers crossed for you, Randi, that this will work.

Great that she is finally putting on some weight. It is also a good thing that she is not getting dehyrdated. That is scary with a little puppy.

I will keep checking back on this.

Thanks Danielle! I'm very happy that she's putting on weight. I made sure she drank plenty of water. I even put some in her food, just to be safe.
 
From what I have read in this thread, this is my recommendation,
grain free kibble with 3/4 of a tablespoon of pumpkin twice a day over the kibble.
If your going to do what the vet says regarding diet, go ahead. Just keep us updated. It also wouldn't hurt if you posted some pictures of her. :wink2:
 
Back
Top