BARF on Dirty Jobs

OK frankly, how can you tell if green tripe smells bad or not?:dead: I fed some to a boardering dog last week and almost lots my cookies. Of course it wasn't washed off as nicely as that stuff was. It was home prepared green tripe and it still had alot of ruman contents present. :uhoh:
 
OK frankly, how can you tell if green tripe smells bad or not?:dead: I fed some to a boardering dog last week and almost lots my cookies. Of course it wasn't washed off as nicely as that stuff was. It was home prepared green tripe and it still had alot of ruman contents present. :uhoh:

The tripe I feed is shredded and looks/feels like paper machet, smells like beef to me. It's not outrageously bad, I couldn't feed it if it were. Bravo stopped supplying it, so I have to find a new source. I saw that episode the other night and may give them a call, they ship.
 
The tripe I feed comes frozen, and yes it still smells horrible even frozen and worse when thawed, but it is so good for the dogs and they love it. I triple bag it in the freezer and place it in airtight glass containers to thaw before I feed it to them.

Interesting that in the video, all they were processing was the empty stomachs and intestines without the contents and added organs. The tripe I feed, has the contents - that's where most of the enzymes and nutrients are. If you look at carnivores that kill their pray, they will eat the organs and the intestines first - that's where they get partially digested grasses and such, that they would not otherwise be able to digest.

It's gross, but I think my pups are worth it!:wink2: Since feeding raw, I've done many, many things that I thought I would NEVER do, and here I am, doing them all and more, all in the name of love and my babies.
 
Last edited:
I wish I had seen that one, I do like that show and think that Mike Rowe is a neat guy. I bet he had fun with that one. I will try and catch the rerun.
 
It might just be my ignorance but they SMELLED the meat to see if it is good or not. Very interesting!

I know! I couldn't believe that when I saw it either. I mean, I feed the stuff all the time, but the thought of bringing it near my face to sniff it.....well it's just inconceivable. :confused2:
 
Back
Top