Basic Questions on Vibrant Pets

Woodbender

Forums Enthusiast
Hi gang,
Yes it's been a while since I haunted here. (last login was 2012 sometime). But we are looking at Vibrant Pets for our girl. She is coming up on 12 years and showing signs of weakness in her back end when she gets up. She doesn't seem in pain about it and her vet was not all that alarmed.

So we are thinking to be proactive and have seen many positive reviews here on Sheltie Forums for the Vibrant Pets lineup.

Here are the questions;
1. Should she be on the "Senior Complete" or "Joint and Muscle" varieties? Looking at the ingredients and "guarrenteed analysis" there seems to be verrrry little difference.
2. Is there another retail outlet besides vibrantpets.com?

Her thyroid levels were quite low in her last blood work so we are looking for options there too.
Do shelties handle thyroid suppliments well??
And what might be a good source for thyroid to bring her blood count back up?
Tim
 
Lee would probably recommend Senior Complete -- it has joint ingredients, plus other things a Senior Sheltie needs.

Not sure why you'd want to use a retail outlet -- with the promo code SHELTIE, you get 20% off on the VP website. But it's on Amazon.

Ref the thyroid, others can answer that better than I can.
 
My senior Chance...

Just ordered... used the SHELTIE promo code and got a 10% discount!:biggrin2:

Chance, my senior sheltie is also showing signs of weakness in his back end when he gets up.

I have him on laser treatment. Paying $50 for 6 sessions. I hope this product will help.:biggrin2:
 
I wish I lived where you do....six laser treatments here cost me $240! They worked for Pixie (who is severely arthritic in her front elbows) for a few rounds but then not so much. Now I'm using Adequan injections for her with Vibrant Pets and some holistic supplements and she's doing much better.

I agree with Chris -- Vibrant Pets is a great product and my dogs have really benefited from it. I hope it helps your Chance.
 
A number of folks have commented on the Vibrant Pets so I'm going to focus on your other question regarding thyroid.

Her thyroid levels were quite low in her last blood work so we are looking for options there too.
Do shelties handle thyroid suppliments well??
And what might be a good source for thyroid to bring her blood count back up?
Tim

Both of my dogs have low thyroid counts. The only way I know of to control thyroid levels is through prescription medication from the vet; similar to they way you'd control thyroid levels for humans - in fact it's the exact same medication just at a much lower dose.

Thyroid medication is cheap! It's perhaps the cheapest medication you will ever buy for your dog. I use canned squeeze cheese to give their pills with and they love the special treat.
 
Just ordered... used the SHELTIE promo code and got a 10% discount!:biggrin2:

Chance, my senior sheltie is also showing signs of weakness in his back end when he gets up.

I have him on laser treatment. Paying $50 for 6 sessions. I hope this product will help.:biggrin2:

Sorry -- thought it was still 20%. Still, that's a nice discount.
 
Ordered ours last night and got 20%. Maybe it's the smaller sizes that get a full 20% or maybe it was my boyish good looks and clean living. :biggrin2:
(ducking and running from the room)
 
Back
Top