Bathing

What does the forum think about using baby wipes to wipe down our pups muzzles? I used to think it was Indy's breath that was the problem, but he's got perfect teeth. Maybe its just leftover drool?

My sister uses them on her pug's "facial wrinkles" to clean them out daily. It keeps them nice. If she doesn't do this, they get a nasty yeasty smell.
 
I would also take a good look at what your feeding your pup. If you give treats like bully sticks it's very possible that the smell will rub off on your pup during "munch time". Even some of the kong treats can cause some odors (nothing like fish breath on a pup let me tell you)

Others have mentioned you shouldn't give the pup a bath a lot. What I used to do when I thought my pup was stinky was to grab some baby/talc powder and rub it on his coat a little. You can also get those dog cologne things too. Those only last for a day or so though. Those colognes are really something you need to kind of smell ahead of time too, because while for the most part they are gone after a day, there is a little bit of a remaining smell that will mix in with a "wet dog smell" and create something entirely new and horrible to sniff.
 
After 4 days since her last bath, Yuko still smells fresh and without the doggy smell. The apple cider vinegar and completely drying her to the skin may have did it. Thanks everyone!
 
Thanks again everyone!

Learning a lot from you guys! :biggrin2:

Now I have to work on completely house breaking Yuko. She poohs outside 100% of the time but still peeh inside the house once or twice a day. :no:

When left alone overnight in the living room -- no accidents though. :confused2:
 
Back
Top