Beckon Has Fanconi Syndrome

Chris

Premium Member
Beckon was officially diagnosed today with Fanconi Syndrome, a proximal renal tube disease. It's quite rare, but Shelties are among the breeds it can affect. I'll leave you to google the details, but the good news is, Fanconi can be managed with supplements and diet. Tomorrow we have a conference call with our vet to outline the treatment plan. We're hoping Beckon can join the majority of dogs who enjoy a 5+ year survival rate. He's 11, so that's more than we could ask. I'll post more in this thread as we learn about this condition.

We're grateful for all prayers and positive energy for our boy.
 
Beckon was officially diagnosed today with Fanconi Syndrome, a proximal renal tube disease. It's quite rare, but Shelties are among the breeds it can affect. I'll leave you to google the details, but the good news is, Fanconi can be managed with supplements and diet. Tomorrow we have a conference call with our vet to outline the treatment plan. We're hoping Beckon can join the majority of dogs who enjoy a 5+ year survival rate. He's 11, so that's more than we could ask. I'll post more in this thread as we learn about this condition.

We're grateful for all prayers and positive energy for our boy.
that is one that I have not heard of- glad to hear that it can be managed:yes:
 
Chris, I know under your loving care that Beckon will have every chance to be one of the doggies who responds to treatment and has many good years ahead. Prayers for Beckon and for you...it is always so hard to know that a dog we love is facing medical challenges.

Trini
 
Beckon was officially diagnosed today with Fanconi Syndrome, a proximal renal tube disease. It's quite rare, but Shelties are among the breeds it can affect. I'll leave you to google the details, but the good news is, Fanconi can be managed with supplements and diet. Tomorrow we have a conference call with our vet to outline the treatment plan. We're hoping Beckon can join the majority of dogs who enjoy a 5+ year survival rate. He's 11, so that's more than we could ask. I'll post more in this thread as we learn about this condition.

We're grateful for all prayers and positive energy for our boy.

You bet we will flood Beckon with prayers, Chris! I have never heard of it either and will be learning right along with you! So glad to hear there are options for his condition! Pulling for you BOTH! Virtual hugs to you...
Standing by for updates!
 
Back
Top