So we went down to the Sheltie Shack Rescue down in Kansas yesterday (a 2.5 hour drive for us from Omaha) - same place we got Bella. We did end up choosing Oreo - there was another one that was sable colored that we liked, but she wasn't too interested in Bella. lol! She *is* a puppy after all... Oreo was really well tempered with her, so we'll see how he does! (he's 3 years old)
They both slept all the way home. Once we were home, he did a little marking - because Bella being in the process of house training, had gone potty in the house, so there were some marks that probably hadn't been cleaned up. It really scared me because it was twice within his first 30 minutes in our house! I did talk to our rescue owner, and she said it will stop once he feels more like this is his home, so I'm crossing my fingers. He did do another little mark this morning in the living room - he hasn't done anything upstairs, so that's good! (but neither has Bella)
Bella and Oreo get along very well! I enjoyed watching them run around in the back yard like crazy fools - they really had a good time. So hopefully Bella will enjoy the company now.
I created an album for him, so you can see some pics of him there but I'll attach one as well!
They both slept all the way home. Once we were home, he did a little marking - because Bella being in the process of house training, had gone potty in the house, so there were some marks that probably hadn't been cleaned up. It really scared me because it was twice within his first 30 minutes in our house! I did talk to our rescue owner, and she said it will stop once he feels more like this is his home, so I'm crossing my fingers. He did do another little mark this morning in the living room - he hasn't done anything upstairs, so that's good! (but neither has Bella)
Bella and Oreo get along very well! I enjoyed watching them run around in the back yard like crazy fools - they really had a good time. So hopefully Bella will enjoy the company now.
I created an album for him, so you can see some pics of him there but I'll attach one as well!

