Best dancing dog ever.

That dog looks human! Seriously! It is bizarre to watch!

I hope she was having fun! My son's comment was "Isn't that bad for her legs?"
 
Wow, That is really hard for big dogs too get up on their hindlegs like that.

It takes great hips and alot of strength and conditioning. My Lab Jo could stand on her hind legs and walk across the room but she could not press down into a sit or into a stand like that. It was alot of work. She had excellent hips and was very fit.

In working on conditioning with my dogs for agility only Diva can press up into a stand and lower herself into a sit like that, with no support. She can only do it a couple times in a row. To do it for that long during a routine is amazing.
 
Wow, That is really hard for big dogs too get up on their hindlegs like that.

It takes great hips and alot of strength and conditioning. My Lab Jo could stand on her hind legs and walk across the room but she could not press down into a sit or into a stand like that. It was alot of work. She had excellent hips and was very fit.

In working on conditioning with my dogs for agility only Diva can press up into a stand and lower herself into a sit like that, with no support. She can only do it a couple times in a row. To do it for that long during a routine is amazing.

A lady I know who runs miniature poodles in agility says that her one poodle with bad structure is able to stand on his hind legs for extended periods of time, while the other cannot. I wonder if the "bad structure" rule applies to all dogs, or just poodles?

I've definitely seen some dogs that have an easier time of it than others.

EDIT: Not that Diva has bad structure! Just I wondering if it might be easier for dogs with bad structure to do it for longer.
 
Last edited:
I think the thing that amazed me the most also was the length of time the dog stayed up and yes how it was able to squat and come back up. I was thinking the stamina and strength this dog has is unbelievable.
 
A lady I know who runs miniature poodles in agility says that her one poodle with bad structure is able to stand on his hind legs for extended periods of time, while the other cannot. I wonder if the "bad structure" rule applies to all dogs, or just poodles?

I've definitely seen some dogs that have an easier time of it than others.

EDIT: Not that Diva has bad structure! Just I wondering if it might be easier for dogs with bad structure to do it for longer.

I not sure what the lady was refering to when she said her dog had bad structure. Possible luxating patellas thats pretty common in poodles. When they would stand straight up in the air the patella would be in.:lol: It is harder for a dog with luxated patellas to stand normal. But most of the time dogs with bad structure(bad hips and poor croup) have a harder time with standing on their back legs. They can't extend the legs straight out. Alot of the time I can tell before an xray if the dogs hips are going to be ok or not just positioning them on the table. The ones with bad hips you can not extend the legs or it is harder to do without sedation.

PS I know you weren't talking about Diva. For the record her hips are excellent. So are Justice's but his structure is worse than Diva's.
 
Last edited:
Call me a skeptic, but it looks fake to me. The camera is too shaky, and the movements the dog is making just doesn't seem dog like. Look at the way the dog is holding it's head, espcially when it goes under the man's arms. Then watch the dog again carefully when the man does the swooning move.

I could be wrong, but I'm just sayin'. :wink2:
 
Call me a skeptic, but it looks fake to me. The camera is too shaky, and the movements the dog is making just doesn't seem dog like. Look at the way the dog is holding it's head, espcially when it goes under the man's arms. Then watch the dog again carefully when the man does the swooning move.

I could be wrong, but I'm just sayin'. :wink2:

I watched the video again. I have seen dogs do preformances like this live but there were smaller dogs.

There were no movements or joints angles a dog can't make. You could see the dog make balance checks and the muscles in her thighs contract. The shadows on the ground matched. During swoon you could see the dog put its weight and the mans arm ,he took hold of the leg and braced the dog with his thigh to the ground. The back legs moved like you would expect a dogs to move as it went to the ground.

If it was a fake it is a good one.:smile2:

Plus here is another video of the same dog. Doing the same routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUhb00kiXs&feature=related
and she got distracted halfway though by the ladies on the couch.:smile2:
 
I watched the video again. I have seen dogs do preformances like this live but there were smaller dogs.

There were no movements or joints angles a dog can't make. You could see the dog make balance checks and the muscles in her thighs contract. The shadows on the ground matched. During swoon you could see the dog put its weight and the mans arm ,he took hold of the leg and braced the dog with his thigh to the ground. The back legs moved like you would expect a dogs to move as it went to the ground.

If it was a fake it is a good one.:smile2:

Plus here is another video of the same dog. Doing the same routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUhb00kiXs&feature=related
and she got distracted halfway though by the ladies on the couch.:smile2:

Like I said - call me a skeptic! :lol:
 
Back
Top