Shay & Mel went to the vet for snakebite #2 shot. It just did not go well.
First, they were doing a euthanasia and it backed everyone up so the waiting room was real full. I put Shay in a corner but he kept barking at big dogs (fear aggressive getting worse as he ages). Mel was fine.
Then they get us in their smallest room. They take Mel to do her nails. She has strange nails. The quicks are REAL long and the tips REAL short. She really fights because I assume she has been butchered. It's almost traumatizing for us to do it at home but we DO have a system. Anyway, they hit the quick (oh bleep).
The vet comes in (female). Then the tech. Then a new tech observing who looks 12. I explain Shay is fear aggressive which is why he is harnessed with a grab handle. Mel is dominant and a diva but OK. On cue, Shay airsnaps the vet. She explains nothing personal and she is glad a family can manage a dog that many wouldn't. I grab handle, shot done, dog climbs under my skirt. Mel I hand off and it is shot done.
I tell the vet I will be in the rest of the summer with a pup. "How exciting" etc. She askes the $50K question . . . "And how are these two going to like THAT?" I said Shay will be delighted. He always is whenever a guest dog comes or we add a dog (contradicts the FA -- but it is HIS house and he is comfortble here). And then she said "And this one, won't be thrilled, right?" Oh, Melli. She was happy to hear it is a boy which still allows Melli to be her diva princess self. She said as long as Melli is allowed to put the pup in his place from time to tme it might not be so bad. (Oh bleep).
It was just a crummy visit. The quick, Shay being snappy, handling them both myself alone, the vet saying Melli probably is not going to be thrilled. This little dude better be peacemaker of the century and have the personality to charm man and beast alike!
Then we went to Grandma's house for a visit and pizza. That was a fun thing for us all because we ALL love my mom.
Thanks for listening to my pity party.
First, they were doing a euthanasia and it backed everyone up so the waiting room was real full. I put Shay in a corner but he kept barking at big dogs (fear aggressive getting worse as he ages). Mel was fine.
Then they get us in their smallest room. They take Mel to do her nails. She has strange nails. The quicks are REAL long and the tips REAL short. She really fights because I assume she has been butchered. It's almost traumatizing for us to do it at home but we DO have a system. Anyway, they hit the quick (oh bleep).
The vet comes in (female). Then the tech. Then a new tech observing who looks 12. I explain Shay is fear aggressive which is why he is harnessed with a grab handle. Mel is dominant and a diva but OK. On cue, Shay airsnaps the vet. She explains nothing personal and she is glad a family can manage a dog that many wouldn't. I grab handle, shot done, dog climbs under my skirt. Mel I hand off and it is shot done.
I tell the vet I will be in the rest of the summer with a pup. "How exciting" etc. She askes the $50K question . . . "And how are these two going to like THAT?" I said Shay will be delighted. He always is whenever a guest dog comes or we add a dog (contradicts the FA -- but it is HIS house and he is comfortble here). And then she said "And this one, won't be thrilled, right?" Oh, Melli. She was happy to hear it is a boy which still allows Melli to be her diva princess self. She said as long as Melli is allowed to put the pup in his place from time to tme it might not be so bad. (Oh bleep).
It was just a crummy visit. The quick, Shay being snappy, handling them both myself alone, the vet saying Melli probably is not going to be thrilled. This little dude better be peacemaker of the century and have the personality to charm man and beast alike!
Then we went to Grandma's house for a visit and pizza. That was a fun thing for us all because we ALL love my mom.
Thanks for listening to my pity party.
Last edited:






I sympathize with all your woes and sure wish you a better tomorrow. 