Blueberry update

Piper's mom

Moderator
Well we finally got a height on Blueberry...went to get her ears done and she’s sitting right in the middle of the height for her age at 13 3/4”...no risk of going over. It’s a 30 minute highway drive and I had to do a curb side pickup at Walmart first (10 minutes from home) and Blueberry threw up right after getting at Walmart, and this was after eating 1 1/2 of the ginger cookies. Not a good sign...
Yup...she threw up 2 more times! Poor girl and she didn’t have any breakfast either!
The breeder had some Cerenia from her dam Willow who also had bad motion sickness so she got 1/2 a tablet for the drive home and she was good. Poor girl will never enjoy car rides if we can’t get a handle on this. On the plus side Willow is now 3 and doesn’t suffer from motion sickness any longer.
I’m definitely looking forward to obedience (puppy) class on Monday...it’ll be so nice to finally get her out socializing with other puppy’s! This is a great trainer who doesn’t have huge classes either and does great sanitizing!
Another good sign is her twitches are diminishing! At the breeder I was holding her and as she got tired she didn’t do it once. She now gets CBD oil (specifically for dogs) twice a day as well as a probiotic and a super antioxidant every day. She is most definitely the healthiest puppy!
Here’s a current pic..just 3 days shy of her turning 5 months old!7882B854-F3FF-45AD-8500-BF6163627CC0.pngA8A29647-D0FC-45BC-9506-F53115D4F76F.jpeg
 
Poor Blueberry, getting car sick is no fun for either of you! Glad she got medicated before her trip home.
Can’t wait to hear how puppy class goes. She so outgoing I think she will have a blast!
So glad to hear she is not having twitching! Fingers crossed that it keeps diminishing!
Lovely pictures!
 
I wish I'd had that stuff for Fil. Once he started urping every car ride he stopped wanting to go. My husband's oldest girl just got a standard poodle puppy. He threw up every time in the car. She started taking a small trash can and he threw up in it LOL.
She's such a cutie pie!
 
Awww, great update with nice photos! I love her silver ear. Super good news about the twitches diminishing, too. It takes some dogs a while to grow out of the motion sickness... truth be told Elijah turned 3 before he really quit having problems, our first Sheltie was fine after she was about a year old.
 
I wish I'd had that stuff for Fil. Once he started urping every car ride he stopped wanting to go. My husband's oldest girl just got a standard poodle puppy. He threw up every time in the car. She started taking a small trash can and he threw up in it LOL.
She's such a cutie pie!
Haha a trash can might’ve been a good idea!
The first time it was cookies so out went that pee pad. Second time was almost all liquid...a bazooka puke. Might’ve helped with that one but when travelling on the highway I guess the paper towels were a better idea lol
 
Have you tried Rescue Remedy yet? It worked well for Layla.
I looked this up and it’s more for anxiety, Blueberry gets motion sickness. She’s really not anxious in the car...no drooling and really no warning when she’s going to vomit...just boom and she’s spewing. Thanks for the suggestion though!
 
Asked the breeder how tall she thought she’d get and she’s thinking 15 - 15 1/4” although she said she could surprise her and stay small. She’s now exactly the same height as Piper so looks like he’ll continue to be the smallest, bossiest Sheltie here:ROFLMAO:.
 
Good update and Blueberry is looking so beautiful. Our Faelee was horribly car sick until she was almost 3 and then suddenly it stopped totally. Hopefully Blueberry won't take that long but at least there is a good chance that she will outgrow the car sickness.
Trini
 
Back
Top