LuvMySable
Forums Regular
Hi! Any of you long-time Sheltie parents, please tell me: do you think it really helps to brush the teeth, or am I fooling myself that I am doing any good. I use a 'regular' toothbrush and peanutbutter flavor toothpaste that my sable Jack goes nuts for. But he's so busy licking the bristles that it's hard for me to brush thoroughly. Then, I got some of the dental cleansing pads to try. Again, he likes the taste, but that soft little disc doesn't seem to have any real cleaning power. I got a scaler, but he doesn't like that and won't let me try. His teeth are good (he's almost 2) but I really want to keep them that way. And my groomer told me that if I have the vet do it, they will put him under. Sounds drastic.
Can any of you give me some direction? Thank you!!
~ Shelties are love ~
Can any of you give me some direction? Thank you!!
~ Shelties are love ~
on the advise of others I give them raw bones to chew on. they no longer need their teeth cleaned!! they have nice pearly whites all because I spent $12 in raw bones. I still brush their teeth I am hoping that will help slow any tarter growth, but they now get raw bones twice a month.

