Can you read your sheltie?

Liam has the most expressive eyes of any of my Shelties. They are like black beads, the brown is so dark. I can tell if he is happy, sad, excited, but what strikes me the most is when he is mad at me or at something else. He gets an angry glint in them, which I have never seen before.

Emma's eyes are expressive as well and she certainly lets me know what she wants with both eye and body language. She is a quiet dog but very forceful in her expressions.
 
Mikos has one look that is quite intense that he uses with a little bark when he wants to go outside. He will stare you in the eye and keep up the little bark until you open the door. He has almost mastered the eye roll because every time he does this to my son, Darren looks at him and says, "What's the matter Mikos, has Timmy fallen down the well?"
 
lol, I LOVE those pics!
Caro your kids sure LOVE those MM's don't they!?


Here are but a few.. there are more in my pics in my profile, aka the guilty look where he looks like Dobby the house elf... But here are a few other samples

The
KICK THE SNOW already... how about NOW look
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/LadyWolff/Firstsnow2009009.jpg

Boss kitteh is going to kill me in my sleep look:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/LadyWolff/January09015.jpg

Toffee loves his Poodle look:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/LadyWolff/Toffee/July09025.jpg
 
Bacca knows how to give the look....as opposed to Indy who twitches everytime that I move a muscle at suppertime, Bacca has taken to draping his body on top of me, resting his snout on my arm, a big sigh, and giving me his best "eeyore" look! Its too priceless! I would take a picture if I could, but it's impossible with his head on my arm.

So here is as close as I can get to "that face". It is not the "feed me" face, but its very much his "sad sack" face!
 

Attachments

  • PC235624.jpg
    PC235624.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 24
I must agree that Bacca is pretty perfect as the saddest dog in the history of Shelties... when he does his face the Eeyore look is THE best I have ever seen!
 
I must agree that Bacca is pretty perfect as the saddest dog in the history of Shelties... when he does his face the Eeyore look is THE best I have ever seen!

Here are two more taken this weekend....Man, can this dog ever pour it on!
 

Attachments

  • P9107269.jpg
    P9107269.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P9107291.jpg
    P9107291.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 17
Daeka has that beautiful sheltie smile that instantly makes you happy. She also has some unique behaivors, when you pick her up she snuggles her head into your shoulder and of course the grunts. She also prances about the house and always on walks. I am unsure if all shelties do it but she always gets everyones attention with that prance. :yes:
 
After these two photos I think it is official, Eeyore is really a sheltie named Bacca:biggrin2:

:lol: LMAO!!! AFter seeing those photos, I'd have to agree.

As for mine. Miko is defnitely more expressive and easier to read. I have to get some photos of his looks. I especially like the look he gives me, when he's hungry. He usually does this chuffing thing, but before that, you can see him alert, like he is about to say something, but hasn't yet. And if I say "what?" the chuffing begins, which leads to cute little yips, which will turn into barks. LOL.

Koji does strange, but cute things. Like, if I walk into the other room, around a corner, Koji will lean out and try to look around the corner, it's the funniest thing. He does the head tilt, A LOT! And the cutest ones are when he pouts and basically lies on top of you. I think that's when he's just being needy.
 
Back
Top