Carpet Stain/Smell Removers

PreciousSheltie

Forums Enthusiast
Anyone care to share any good reviews on carpet stain/smell removers that have worked for you?

Precious is potty trained and has only gone inside the house once or twice but it was more so because our timings weren matched up and she couldn't hold it in any longer. My mistake. Today we played a lot and I fed her a lot of water and figured she could hold it for a bit but was off and she ended up going on the carpet (my room) before I could get her back outside. Though not terrible because my carpet is light beige/brown/peach colored so the pee cant be seen actually, I do indeed still want to invest in a small bottle of cleaning solution to make sure the smell gets out so she doesn't feel the need to go there again by accident. But I don't want anything that will ruin my carpet either. Any reviews would be great, thanks! I love asking people on this forum, lots of great replies :P
 
I swear by "Nature's Miracle". Blot up as much of the pee as you can with paper towels. Either spray or pour enough Nature's Miracle to soak in and clean. Leave a few minutes, then blot, blot, blot up all the solution. It cleans and neutralizes the area, so it will not be a magnet for more accidents.
The other product we use is by Top Proformance, Wintergreen 256. It is a disinfectant and deoderizer. Kills staph, e-coli, viruses, and a whole slew of bad things. Also no rinsing required.
 
Sounds great! Thank you :) For immediate relief, after soaking it all up with tissue paper, I used vinegar and baking soda and hoped that it lifts the smell out! Ill look in to buying Nature's Miracle today and repeat the process just to make sure :P

I swear by "Nature's Miracle". Blot up as much of the pee as you can with paper towels. Either spray or pour enough Nature's Miracle to soak in and clean. Leave a few minutes, then blot, blot, blot up all the solution. It cleans and neutralizes the area, so it will not be a magnet for more accidents.
The other product we use is by Top Proformance, Wintergreen 256. It is a disinfectant and deoderizer. Kills staph, e-coli, viruses, and a whole slew of bad things. Also no rinsing required.
 
We always sprinkle white vinegar on the area, just enough to soak it. Then we use a sponge with regular carpet cleaner (we use Bissell) and rub at the area and then leave a paper towel over it for a little while to soak up the excess moisture.
 
Bissell Spotbot. Works great for any accident...pee, poo or puke. :lol: Best $100 I spent for cleaning up. Just set it on the spot & it scrubs & vacuums everything up.
 
We always sprinkle white vinegar on the area, just enough to soak it. Then we use a sponge with regular carpet cleaner (we use Bissell) and rub at the area and then leave a paper towel over it for a little while to soak up the excess moisture.

I am a big fan of the white vinegar!
 
I swear by Simple Solution. Does a great job of neutralizing the smell and removing stains, plus it smells great and the smell isn't strong or over whelming.

For tougher/larger stains I use a Bissel Little Green.
 
This is what we use, too.

And it lasts forever! I think we are still on our first bottle!

Ditto on both points here!

When we had a mice investation under our hot tub at the cottage a couple of years ago, the smell was just horrible! I used it there as well, and the smell was gone almost immediately (I bought the mega jug and literally dumped the whole thing inside - what a freakin' mess, that was!)
 
Back
Top