CERF question

JessicaR

Forums Enthusiast
I am trying to find out where I can have Belle's eyes checked. I was talking to my vet about having her hips ofa'd which he can do, but he can't check her eyes. He thinks the the closest place is Ohio State University. I was hoping to find someplace a little closer since that is a 2 hour drive for us. We will drive that far if we have to though.
 
Hi Jessica,

Yes, I have generally had to drive at least 1.5 hrs. There is usually a Cerf clinic at the Columbus Akc show in Feb. I am not in preference of the vet they usually have there (JMO). I have driven to Michigan- about 3.5 hours to a health clinic they have there in the early spring. I really liked the vet they had at that one. I can find out the info on that clinic if you are interested.

Crestlynn says there is one about 1 hr east of her- so it would be approx. 3 hrs east of you- that one has an office in Ohio I guess. Never been to her.

Anything you do in our area, health clinics, showing, herding, flyball, agility, is going to mean a drive since we live in what I jokingly like to call 'the Wasteland' :lol:

Sher
 
HI I found these 2 not sure how close they are to you

Eye Care for Animals
1321 Centerview CircleAkron, OH 44321
330-670-1300


MedVet-Columbus
5747 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43231
614-891-2070

Also check with local dog clubs in your area most do CERF Clinics at certain times of the year...its usually cheaper too since you dont have to pay for an office visit:)
 
Hi Jessica,

Yes, I have generally had to drive at least 1.5 hrs. There is usually a Cerf clinic at the Columbus Akc show in Feb. I am not in preference of the vet they usually have there (JMO). I have driven to Michigan- about 3.5 hours to a health clinic they have there in the early spring. I really liked the vet they had at that one. I can find out the info on that clinic if you are interested.

Crestlynn says there is one about 1 hr east of her- so it would be approx. 3 hrs east of you- that one has an office in Ohio I guess. Never been to her.

Anything you do in our area, health clinics, showing, herding, flyball, agility, is going to mean a drive since we live in what I jokingly like to call 'the Wasteland' :lol:

Sher
your not kidding!! It's hard to find anything in our area!!
I am open to anything right now so any info is appreciated
thanks Lightplum, I wish i could get a hold of a local dog club in my area. the closest dog club to me is the Crawford County Kennel Club and I can't seem to get a hold of them. the info on Akc is either wrong or out of date. I have e mailed and regular mailed them. I haven't heard anything from them! I even called Akc to try and get a number to call and they guy said he couldn't find any info on the club? I know they have a show in Bucyrus every year in May/June time frame.
 
I have inquired before at the Akron office, and their visits run approx. $65-70.

Here is an upcoming clinic in Columbus- I had inquired, and all breeds are welcome.
Clinics *usually run $30- 35



March 08, 2009 - Central Ohio Labrador Retriever Club Health Clinic
CERF eye exams; heart exams; Optigen blood draws
Breed: All Breeds
Location: Refugee Canyon West, 9077 National Road (state route 40, east of Columbus), Pataskala, OH 43063
Contact: Jennifer Stotts
Email: labrador@clover.net


I dont' know anything about the Crawford club. Have went to that show before to watch Crestlynn, it seems to be a nice show.


Sher
 
LOL found another one-



Sat., Feb. 28, 2009 Health Clinic, TKC Bldg.: Eye Cerf, Cardiac exam., $35 each exam/dog.
Reservations and prepayment necessary to: Donna Anderson, 4854 County Rd 5, Delta, OH 43515, 419-822-5250, bandabc@windstream.net.
 
thanks! I will have to check them out. Is there anything you need to bring other than the dog :wink2: like her registration certificate?
 
thanks! I will have to check them out. Is there anything you need to bring other than the dog :wink2: like her registration certificate?

you need their AKC # and DOB and owner info. I usually just bring their pedigree form with all the #'s on it :smile2:
 
thanks!
you can't tell I am new to all this can you? :wink2: I will probably make everyone tired of me with all my questions :lol:
 
Back
Top