Jess041
Forums Enthusiast
How old was your dog when they took a Canine Good Citizen class or took the test and passed? How did you know your dog was ready to take the test?
Missy is 6 months old and has done 4 weeks of puppy class, and 6 weeks of basic obedience. The next class our trainer offers is CGC with the test offered at the end. I'm hesitant to put her in it because 1. it starts in 2 weeks so I don't really get a break from class, and 2. she's 6 months old and still very much a puppy. She's smart, but very impulsive and hyper. I was thinking we should wait until the fall when the next round of classes start up and she'll be a bit older. But then again, that might just be the way Missy is and there's really no point in waiting because she'll always be a wild child
.
Missy is 6 months old and has done 4 weeks of puppy class, and 6 weeks of basic obedience. The next class our trainer offers is CGC with the test offered at the end. I'm hesitant to put her in it because 1. it starts in 2 weeks so I don't really get a break from class, and 2. she's 6 months old and still very much a puppy. She's smart, but very impulsive and hyper. I was thinking we should wait until the fall when the next round of classes start up and she'll be a bit older. But then again, that might just be the way Missy is and there's really no point in waiting because she'll always be a wild child
.

