Changes to permissions for signatures

Kelly

Administrator
You may (or may not) have noticed I've been tweaking the permissions in the signature lines for all the users.

Previously there have been no real restrictions on them. As the forum has grown & threads get more lengthy, I've decided to limit the number of lines on a signature to 4, remove font size choice, & remove image insertion permissions.

I'm doing this to keep the thread page count lower, neater & decrease the bandwidth/space needed to continually load large signatures at the bottom of each post. (Besides, long signatures get tiresome after a while and make all the threads longer than they really need to be.)

I hope you all are not too annoyed by this...& sorry if this requires a few of you to modify your signatures to make them more attractive. I'd rather do it now vs. later when the bandwidth/storage issues become more tight & the number of users affected would be higher.

You can still modify font color & use italics to customize your signature.

Thanks!
 
No issue with me!

I only discovered signatures in the last week or so anyway....and I find myself annoyed at my OWN signature! :winkgrin:
 
Heavens no, Kelly! You do whatever you see fit to keep us runing smoothly. I'm so very grateful to you for this forum!:yes:
 
Kelly, you're the best. You do realize that most of what you said is Greek to us...it's computerspeak and not Sheltiespeak! We are so grateful for your knowledge and direction on this forum! Edit away! :biggrin2:
 
Frankly I hate this. I thought becoming a premier member meant something for those of us who post here. I am not buying the bandwith excuse since I run other forums. A siggy line does not "eat bandwith" Perhaps nonsupporting members would not be allowed to have those never ending siggies, not the premier members. I will just refrain from posting here now. So much for being a "premier member"
 
If it is that important you can keep the permission. All you had to do was ask...and maybe suggest an alternative. I work hard on this board & I'm only human. I do make mistakes. If you run other forums that use the vBulletin software, maybe you can help me out then?

I still hold to the belief that a lengthy signature (with pictures) clutters the thread & makes it longer than it needs to be. But I'm not the only one using this forum, so majority rules.

Premium Membership includes other benefits besides posting an image in your signature line.

I really had no idea that a signature line would determine if you use this forum. The permission is back up for premium members. Sorry.
 
Frankly I hate this. I thought becoming a premier member meant something for those of us who post here. I am not buying the bandwith excuse since I run other forums. A siggy line does not "eat bandwith" Perhaps nonsupporting members would not be allowed to have those never ending siggies, not the premier members. I will just refrain from posting here now. So much for being a "premier member"

SheltieMom

Harsh words! I'm not a techy so I rely on our administrator, Kelly, to advise what can be accomodated or not. If she says there is an issue, than I accept it.

However, I agree with you that Premium Members should get extra privileges, but frankiy I would rather see extra photo posting than signatures. I'm maxed out on my photo's and trying to figure out what to delete to post pictures of Ginnie!
 
Barb.....I'm having issues with adding pictures to my Photo Album also. I even deleted some photos from my album and it still wouldn't let me add more. :cry: The little box where it used to state add or up load photo's is gone too. :yes:I did write a note on the contact us. Kelly I need your help Pleaseeeeee. Thanks
 
Back
Top